• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1.9er

Leaking Sunroof

1.9er

During the heavy rain last sunday,water started seeping through from around the area of where the sunroof handle is located.Would some form of sealant be the best way to deal with this?

steve@cornwall
During the heavy rain last sunday,water started seeping through from around the area of where the sunroof handle is located.Would some form of sealant be the best way to deal with this?

You can loosen the screws and put silicon in before retightening- or I believe original washers are available from pug cheaply

jackherer

the original fibre washers are something like 27p from pug dealers, or you can get identical washers from plumbing suppliers for 1-2p each (in large bags, you can then sell the rest on ebay for £££s each to crazy people)

NOsMAN

Just got 2 rubber o rings from 205 parts and replaced the knackered ones.Leak fixed :)

Guest CJG122

O-rings indeed should do the job. I had the same problem. Got some thick rubber o-rings and filled the top of the screw on handle with silicone for double protection. Dont crack the glass when screwing back on - that would not be good.

Chris

arry

I need one of the bolts, as one of them has gone walkies out of mine. Might pop over the dealership now as it happens.

How do they unscrew exactly? There's no head on them is there?

nick

Mine was leaking from the sunroof external trim screw holes, it used to fill the interior light up with water.

Silicone to the rescue again!

Nick

jackherer
How do they unscrew exactly? There's no head on them is there?

they unscrew from below, on the plastic handle there are two sqaure covers that need to be pried off to access the screws.

arry
they unscrew from below, on the plastic handle there are two sqaure covers that need to be pried off to access the screws.

Cheers B)

arry

Just been to Peugeot - excellent service as always from them B)

2 washers at 25p each - part number 694875

1 sunroof screw at 55p - part number 691282

the expensive bit was the nut for the top, £3.96 :) but they had to order that in. But it will be here tomorrow! 842419

Apparently once they've sold out of the screws and washers they're never going to restock, so if you're missing bits - get in there quick :D

Edited to include part numbers, if they're of use to someone :)

Edited by arry

feb

Thanks for the part numbers, exactly what i was looking for. Got the same problem as my washers have perished.

arry
Thanks for the part numbers, exactly what i was looking for. Got the same problem as my washers have perished.

No worries :D

Just picked the nut up so I've got all the bits to fit now. Only thing I don't have is star shaped drives so it'll have to wait until I get my tools back from my mate :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this