• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CJG122

Windows Will Not Fully Close

Guest CJG122

I had a St Georges Cross flag clipped on to the driver window. It clips on top of the window. When closing the window I think I must have pushed it a bit too much as the whole thing clicked and droped quarter of an inch.

I have taken off the flag. The window still will not fully close and when reaching the top will keep dropping back down a quarter of an inch and producing a large clicking noise.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the height of the window on a 1.9 1989 GTI?

Chris

steve@cornwall
I had a St Georges Cross flag clipped on to the driver window. It clips on top of the window. When closing the window I think I must have pushed it a bit too much as the whole thing clicked and droped quarter of an inch.

I have taken off the flag. The window still will not fully close and when reaching the top will keep dropping back down a quarter of an inch and producing a large clicking noise.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the height of the window on a 1.9 1989 GTI?

Chris

Sounds like you've stripped a tooth on the winder mech ;)

Jrod

That'll teach ya ;)

Guest CJG122

So it is not adjustable and the mechanics of the window will need to be changed inorder for the window to close fully and to get rid of that clicking noise.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Would any electric window mechanic work with any year/version of the 205?

steve@cornwall
So it is not adjustable and the mechanics of the window will need to be changed inorder for the window to close fully and to get rid of that clicking noise.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Would any electric window mechanic work with any year/version of the 205?

sounds like a replacement- any 2 door 205 mech, except cti, should be ok. If using a manual mech the extended spindle where the winder handle fits can be trimmed off with a hacksaw.

Guest CJG122

Thanks.

Am off to the tip tomorrow and will see how it goes. Hopefully not a hard task.

Guest CJG122

Done. Quite straight forward stuff no problems encountered.

However the teeth on the mechanics were not broken, the body had bent a little which enabled the motor teeth to keep on turning as the flag had pushed the motor one tooth too far. Hope this is understandable for anyone with the same problem.

I did get the arms of that lift the window from the tip and will return it as it is not the same arm&version. I was told that there are a possible two versions for the 205 depending on the engine or electrical plugs.

In anz case took it all out greased it. bent the small tounge holding the teeth of the arms straight against the motor teeth so that it could no longer slipp out and over and stuck it back in. Lifted the window / no more clicking and closes as used to.

Thanks for any comments.

All is now good with the window.

Sign in to follow this