• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pee vee

1900 8v Uprated Cam

pee vee

Hi

Can anyone reccomend an uprated cam for the 1900 engine,

just want a bit more pull up the top.

I hear you cant go more than 270 degrees on standard injection system???

also, where can i buy the cam from!?!?

thanks!! :)

pee vee

1: done,

2: thanks B)

is it true about the 270 degree cams?

Edited by pee vee

Jonmurgie

Talking about the 'degree' of a cam is misleading... just cause it's got a long duration doesn't mean it's any good. Speak to Matt and he can explain all B)

pee vee

i have been digging about.

it seems that the Kent PT31 or 36 and the piper 270 cam are

not woth the money, as they are only very slightly different to the standard peugeot cam.

PumaRacing
i have been digging about.

it seems that the Kent PT31 or 36 and the piper 270 cam are

not woth the money, as they are only very slightly different to the standard peugeot cam.

Gosh - I wonder where you picked that up from B)

In fact I'd say no road cam is worthwhile on the 1.9 unless you're going to fit carbs or throttle bodies. The standard cam is as hot as the fuel system can cope with and the minimal extra top end power you'll get from one with more duration (absolute max of 5bhp) isn't worth the loss of low rpm power and the poor idle.

I'd look elsewhere for power gains if I were you.

pee vee

i wonder where i found that too B) (thankyoou! lol)

Mi16 it is then lol

have to keep an eye out for an engine.

but to be honest for now,(use as a road car occasional track car)

id be happier if the standard 1900 just pulled a bit better up top!

mine seems to go really well till about 3500 rpm, then progress throu the revs slows slightly lol.

was just hoping a hotter cam might sort this slightly..

Puma racing; why is it that the standard injection system wont work (very well) with the hotter cams??

thanks again!

Edited by pee vee

veloce200
mine seems to go really well till about 3500 rpm, then progress throu the revs slows slightly lol.

was just hoping a hotter cam might sort this slightly..

why is it that the standard injection system wont work (very well) with the hotter cams??

thanks again!

Due to the air flow meter - I suspect there is something wrong with your engine - my std 1.9 really takes off at 3500 and doesn't slow til 6500. Only mod is Emerald ECU and induction improvements, but it was nearly as good before. The std cam is pretty fruity. I'm a catcams dealer and I'm pretty confident (and I'm sure Matt would agree) that there would be some gains from some of their profiles on std engine but TBH you would be better of finding out what the std engine is putting out first.

Sign in to follow this