• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huwjones

Wishbones Only Lasting 1000 Miles!

huwjones

After reading of some members experiences through a search, am I correct in saying that the hubs are knackered on my 309? The car is eating bottom ball joints every 1000-1500 miles, and I've tried a couple of different suppliers. I'm reluctant to spend £100+ for a 'genuine' Pug item. :P

Now I think about it - when I first bought the car, one of the clamp bolts were loose on the hub. God only knows for how long. Would this have ruined the bottom clamp?

Am I also correct in saying that there's no economical fix, apart from replacing the hub? :mellow

Thanks!

Butler

Generally even pattern wishbones have a decent ball joints, but crap bushes. Stick up a wanted thread on the forum for some decent hubs.

1.9 hubs are the same for 309 and 205's I believe.

(You'll need 9 more posts to use Sale/Wanted section)

huwjones

They're the same as 205 hubs you say? Hmmm... I'm sure I threw a pair into the hedge in the back garden a couple of years ago :(

For storage purposes obviously :P . Looks like I'll have to get the hedge trimmer out :P:D

Thanks!

Edited by huwjones

Rob_the_Sparky

The hole in the hub can get ovalised, once this happens it is new hub time.

Henry Yorke

Also the same as 306 non ABS ones too Huw!!

huwjones
Also the same as 306 non ABS ones too Huw!!

What - the hubs are the same?

Well, you learn something new every day :D

Anyone tried fitting ABS to a 309 before, per chance?

kate205gti

my 205 is on its 4th set of wishbones in 2 years :D tried gsf and pug ones and they both failed balljoiunts and bushes respectively!)

have now got some febi ones from allparts - £105 for a pair - seem to be ok but have a 12month/20k warranty on them so if not can get them replaced :)

Sign in to follow this