• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PugAddict

Best Stuff To Use To.......

PugAddict

The bumpers on my white '88 205 GTi are really grey, what's the best stuff to use to make them a little darker? (don't say paint or part replacement lol)

Cheers

D

boombang

Strangely enough using a hair drier seems to darken them, then finish with Autoglym bumper stuff - also known as snot.

Adnic69

Meguiers. Protector stuff. Far better than bumper s*ite

Baz

A heatgun!! The heat will bring the pigment back out to the surface, restoring the darker grey that you're after, which you can then protect by using AutoGlym Bumper Care, the best IMO, or similar.

PugAddict

Cool cool, I'll give Autoglym or Megs a whirl.

Dunno if I'm brave enough to give the hairdryer a go :P

Edited by Pugfather

kate205gti

i used black trim wax (its just black gloop!) to get the black colour, then autoglym bumper snot to keep them black - seem to work ok :P never tried hairdryer thou!

dazEmad

With reference to kates black trim wax i think its made by car plan and its right good tackle. My rear bumper is a right mess with bits flaking off / faded and this is the only stuff that sorts it. Its like applying paint so make sure its not going to rain just after as it needs a fair while to bake on.

richard

i used to use Autoglyms bumper care...works fine.

Have now started using Mequiars Gold Class Trim Detailer and the colour just seems so much deeper. (ph2 trim)

Personally i'd recommend that.

Leon
With reference to kates black trim wax i think its made by car plan and its right good tackle. My rear bumper is a right mess with bits flaking off / faded and this is the only stuff that sorts it. Its like applying paint so make sure its not going to rain just after as it needs a fair while to bake on.

It's either Carplan or Simoniz. I think the one I've used is Simoniz.

I put it on thick, massage it in, then seal in with the Autoglym stuff.

PugAddict

Cheers for the replies guys ;)

I might give the hairdryer a whirl, wish me luck!! :D

Sign in to follow this