• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JayCC

Starter Button Installation

JayCC

Hi, well after starting numerous threads in the past two years , i'm fed up with the non-starting issues. The car starts fine when 12v is attached direct to the starter.

So i want to install a simple starter button in the cabin so save oiling my hands everytime the car does not start.

The problem is i hear you need to use fuses, relays etc.. to stop dangerous things happening. (which i have no clue about)

I was wondering if somebody could draw a simple sketch in paint of the setup i need, with a list of components. I'm going to install this today :angry:

Cheers

Guest CB-Dave

starter.jpg

that should suffice but it's been a while since I've wired up any relays... plus this will start without the key being in the lock, so you might want to look into security a bit!

(only after I uploaded it did I realise it looks like a swastika, it was not intentional!)

might be an idea to get a fused relay too - halfords sell them with a 30a fuse fitted for a few quid

jonD6B

I installed my push button ignition by simply removing the barrel and running the wires to the push start as in theory it's the same thing just packaged differently. I think you are on about a completely new set up though? If it was me just copy the original wiring set up using the exsisting relays etc. but use new wires and connections in a more convienient place.

Sign in to follow this