• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ratty

Cutting Out

Guest ratty

He, iv got an e reg 1.9 205 gti,but recently its been cutting out,when i have to come to a stop,and in the morning it has trouble starting i really need to give it gas,does anyone know what could be up with it?

richard

Clean your AFM and throttle body.

If you havent replaced simple things like rotor arm and dizzy cap. cleaned and regapped plugs to either .8 or .9mm i'd suggest you do this. Just to rule out the basics

Does it do this when idiling (or trying to idle) or is it only when there your stopping abruptly after being on the throtle, if so it may be an air leak somewhere. Your idling speed should be around 1000 (book is 900 iirc) but 1krpm seems to cure a lot of problems.

Theres a screw on the Throtle body, and a allen socket on the AFM, these can be adjusted, (max of 1/4 turn each time you test) but if your not sure what your doing you could end up making it a lot worse.

Sign in to follow this