• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Mi16 - Revs Nosediving On Rough Roads

Zed

Finished off the mi conversion on wednesday and had mot on thurs, failed on a few minors which were all sorted for the retest on friday.

Passed the MOT on friday morning and enjoyed a days motoring before the first problem has reared its head:

When I go over a dip/hole in the road sometimes the rev counter will drop along with all power, it only lasts the duraction of being down the hole but its rather annoying - as well as not wanting to push it round corners incase it happens.

Today I was driving it and I went over a small hole as i was coming up to a junction (clutch down), the engine stalled and wouldnt restart (engine turning fine, not firing), so a few people helped me push the car to the side of the road where i had a cig and waiting 2mins...I then retried and it fired up fine.

The car is running bx loom. After some advice from a friend I cleaned out the Afm connector and made sure all ht leads and coil leads were firmly in place.

Any help on what to check and how to check it would be greatfully received.

Also, a small problem of the STOP light being dimly lit up on the dash pretty much constant, its only in darkness that i notice it...Im assuming this is a bad earth somewhere ?

Phil.

KRISKARRERA

Obviously could be several things but when I had this it turned out to be a loose connection within the main relay.

nick

As Kris says, dodgy relay. Exact same thing had me scratching my head for ages.

Nick

Zed

thanks for the advice, I shall go through all the relays cleaning the contacts up and using a little copper grease, reseat them all.

Zed

Thanks for the help, it did indeed turn out to be dodgy connections to a relay.

Phil

Sign in to follow this