• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy309goodwood

Flush Fit Bonnet Pins

Guest andy309goodwood

hi all just thought i would drop a thred about the above i am planning to fit a F/G bonnet very soon (next week hopefully ) and wanted some flush fit bonnet pins , had a dive round on the net and found these

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/product_...4b9c3d71b5590dd

so i ordered a set of locking and a set of none locking they turned up 2 days later how ever the person packing the shipment had misread the packing note and shipped a set of locking flush fits and a set of totaly std bonnet pins so i called them up now on a thursday and they were most apologetic but said they were out of stock of the none locking ones but they would send me out another set of locking ones at the same price and i couuld keep the std pins my reaction was err ok cheers and expected nothing to happen how ever next morning arived another set of locking flush fit pins

so all in all Drift Works are cheep very help full and seem to be one of the few places left that put some onus of customer satifaction even on relitivly small orderes

100% recomendation from me

if this helps one person then the thred was worth it

cheers andy

ps i know i cant spell lol :blush:

205mattgti

ANDY u dont go FAST ENOUGHT to be needing bonnet pins

LOL

only joking mate will look good once on with new bonnet, u just need to hurry up and finish that engine

U got a fair deal with the pins, dont see many companies that will do that for their customers, might see wat they do that i need for my car

Edited by 205mattgti

Guest andy309goodwood

well you may fit the engine blow it up then use my cast offs to build a faster engine fair play but you still cant stop quikly or go round corners

..... or drive for that matter lol :blush:

ahh i see youved edited your post lol mine still stands

:D

205mattgti

I was bored with the old engine anyway, and u had a head that was worth using,

Who cares if u go round corners and stop better,

i will be so far ahead of u it wont mater if i push it round corners

lol

I was bored with the old engine anyway, and u had a head that was worth using,

Who cares if u go round corners and stop better,

i will be so far ahead of u it wont mater if i push it round corners

lol

until u get ur new engine then i wont bother

lol

Guest andy309goodwood

ok ok

lol

lol

ill still push you round the bend if you get in my way lol

jon i see you mounted yours to the side any reason for that ? bonnet should be turning up begining of next week

Jonmurgie

How do you mean to the side? I had already fitted normal bonnet pins but wanted something that locked for when the engine got more expensive! As the stickers were already there I put the pins along the front edge of the bonnet :blush:

jochem

Mine had rusted mounting bolts within a week and one of the latches has broken allready, so i have to close it using a screw driver.

Not that impressed with the price vs quality there, but maybe just just my set....

Jonmurgie
Mine had rusted mounting bolts within a week and one of the latches has broken allready, so i have to close it using a screw driver.

Not that impressed with the price vs quality there, but maybe just just my set....

snap, all of my bolts have now rusted and both catches have to be closed with a key or screwdriver! Shame really cause they are really nice other than that!

Guest andy309goodwood

which bolts ? the 6 allen key ones that bolt the catch in if so these may have to be hammerited before they go on

will also keep the mech lubed may help prevent damage lol

Edited by andy309goodwood

Guest andy309goodwood

ok having now kind of fitted these 2 points i have found one is that the mech seems to be quite resistive to close so after reading your probs i have used some spray on grease into the mech housing and they all work like silky gloves now

second

the bolts supplyed are mild steel and will rust very quickly also where im using them on a fiber glass bonnet they are not long enuf to go thro the bonnet in most places as the mounting area's for the bonnet pins have been heavily reinforced how ever i have found a solution to both of these problems right here

http://www.stagonset.co.uk/fasteners?output_frontpage=yes

these guys are asble to supply stainless steel replacements at any lenth you want and are quite cheep

(unless you want to bulk buy 200 of them for 7 quid lol )

once these have arived i will let you know what there like

cheers andy

28CRAIG

Has everyones broke these bonnet pins, one of mine has broke where the roll pin goes into the crap plastic why dont they cast them out of alloy would be alot stronger.

Hilgie

mine have rusted as well.....nothing broken yet though.....althoug they can't stand water very well.

Sign in to follow this