• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vince

Brake Bleeding

vince

hi guys,

it has probably been dealt before, but in case you don't know there is a really easy way to bleed your brakes without any helper:

-use a breathing oxygen supply hose.

if you can get one, you will see the hose diameter is exactly what you need, and then, and here is the trick, they are equipped with non return valves, hence you just plug it over the bleed bolt, unscrew it, brake until you don't have anymore air, retighten the bolt, and so on at the 4 corners.

10 to 15 minutes to bleed the 4 brakes, on your own.

now, the question is where can you find such a hose? I don't know... is the answer.... seriously, I get mine from my work. they are provided for portable oxygen bottles onboard aircraft, as spare parts. you may try your chance at your local hospital at your next visit... ;)

hope it helped

vince

jackherer

you can buy pipes like that from motor factors that are designed for the purpose.

I get mine from my work. they are provided for portable oxygen bottles onboard aircraft

I like your style though ;)

vince
you can buy pipes like that from motor factors that are designed for the purpose.

I like your style though B)

ok, then you know... :blush:

who said I hadn't discovered hot water??? ;)

sorry for my "style", I'm doing my best with your language... ;):D

vince

jackherer
sorry for my "style", I'm doing my best with your language... ;);)

thats not what I meant, I was trying to say I thought it was cool that you had got it from your work instead of paying at a shop :blush:

vince
thats not what I meant, I was trying to say I thought it was cool that you had got it from your work instead of paying at a shop ;)

yes, I understood that after replying... stupid me!

vince "fire first, then negociate..."

Rippthrough

I nick the used ones from hosiptials, they have to chuck them away anyway.

Veero
vince "fire first, then negociate..."

But you're French, not American :);)

Sign in to follow this