• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longun

Can The Brown Multiplug Be Removed/replaced?

Longun

As above whats it for? Does it just make it easier to removed the wiring/work on engine when required? Just tried cleaning it and the wire brush cut me to pieces :( Was just thinking of replacing the block with bullet connectors as the connections could be cleaned or replaced much easier.

Also just a cheaky question on the side how easy is it to get to the oil sender from under the car? I understand from searches its a bit of a pig to get at but I need to get my oil pressure issue sorted and I hate to admit I've not had good readings for about 6 months but the car runs so well I've always assumed it was ok and it was just the sender, its about time I found out as the readings have got lower in the heat :D

Just remembered I also need to sort the matrix as thats been bypassed for months, oh and that knocking lower arm, hope cleaning the gearbox earths have fixed my starting problems, its also a good job the carbs hide the noise of that ticking exhaust manifold, why do I still love this car ;)

ALEX

I've replaced mine with an IP68 milti plug.

RS might sell them or Farnell.

The wires are fore the oil pressure sender, oil pressure switch, Starter solenoid, And I can't remember the rest but I think there's 7 in total.

Someone who works for CAT got me mine.

Dan Ingram

Could you just not put all the wires on seperate bullit connectors???

Banjo

YES! This question comes up alot, I dont understand why someone wouldnt get rid of this pile of poo connector and just through crimp or use bullit connectors! It makes no difference to the car its just Pug being crap.

ablister

you can still buy the connectors from peugeot, that's what i've done although the 6 pin one was different and needed one of the lugs removed but works 100%

sorr

I used stuff from Vehicle Wiring products. Cost about £2.50 and took 30 minutes to do and got rid of hot starting issues and strange oil pressure readings. While you are at it I would also replace the starter solenoid cable on the engine loom as these are generally degraded.

spikey_richie
why do I still love this car :)

You know the answer to that one :)

pugrallye

your oil pressure readings will be lower in the heat

d-9

Ive just chopped mine out and soldered it together, less chance of it falling apart when I drop the box off.

Super Josh
Ive just chopped mine out and soldered it together, less chance of it falling apart when I drop the box off.

Soldering isn't really recommended on a loom in an engine bay. The heat and vibration can induce stress cracks in the solder. Similar to a 'Dry joint', you will get an increase in resistance across the joint and maybe total failure eventually. Not dissimilar to the problem you are trying to fix :) Putting some heat shrink sleeving over the joint will give it some mechanical support and may delay this for a while though.

The best thing to do with a 15 - 20 year old Pug loom is to make a new one really.

Josh

d-9

I'm fairly confident that it wont crack apart, as the wires are spliced together, then soldered, then heatshrinked. It may not last the 100k that the original ones lasted but I think itll be good for a few years yet.

I rather hope Im correct, as theres about 20 solder joints in the BX loom as well, which is now the correct length for the car, not long enough to go completely round the outside....

Sign in to follow this