• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Tps Sensor Options.

bren_1.3

currently setting up for megajolt on my 1400 TU engine with twin weber 40's. is there any particular make or model of car that people use to pilfer a TPS from?? i have one from a peugeot 205 gti, but i dont know the pin outs from it. which is my Vref and so on?

i understand how the TPS works but how is it attached to the throttle spindle? how is it done on throttle bodies? the gti has a sort of 'spike' if you will that slots into the TPS to turn it.

cheers.

petert

The TPS off a 205 is probably no use to you, as it's only a 3 position switch. You need a variable resistor type, if you're using it to sense engine load. Try a Ford. The TB's usually have a mounting pad on the side that you can drill/tap into.

Edited by petert

Owain1602

Webcon do a kit which is normaly quite cheap. It includes a TPS, mounting bracket for weber DCOEs and a lever to put on the end of your spindle shaft.

How its driven is by putting a lever they supply on the end of the spindle shaft, the bracket then attatches to adjustment screw holes and you mount the TPS so it locates in the lever on the shaft.

Cant remember pin out but normaly, the centre pin is signal and the other 2 are supply and earth, number 1 is normaly supply. But remember its a 5V supply, which normaly is provided by an aftermarket ECU but not a problem to do it yourself.

If you get that kit, it really is quite simple. Make sure you get one specific for DCOE 40s though.

MartinM

Bren

Matt Dearden used a Mondeo TPS - I reference http://www.cate1.co.uk/megajolt/installation.php in my instructions

Note that he says "The Mondeo one is virtually identical to the Webcon one except for the wiring with is opposite. "

I would have thought a s/h Mondeo one would be a lot cheaper - have to make your own bracket though :P

bren_1.3
The TPS off a 205 is probably no use to you, as it's only a 3 position switch. You need a variable resistor type, if you're using it to sense engine load.

:D useless peugeot. correct i am using the TPS to sense engine load.

Matt Dearden used a Mondeo TPS - I reference http://www.cate1.co.uk/megajolt/installation.php in my instructions

i had read that but there werent any mondeo's in my local scrapyard. ill have to ring a few places but its going to be a bit of a treck to pick one up.

I would have thought a s/h Mondeo one would be a lot cheaper - have to make your own bracket though

making the bracket isnt such a big problem, its making the extension on the end of the throttle spindle that slots into the TPS that had me worried!!!!!! :P

Webcon do a kit which is normaly quite cheap. It includes a TPS, mounting bracket for weber DCOEs and a lever to put on the end of your spindle shaft.

how cheap is normally quite cheap? ;) it seems id only really be after the spindle lever. but well worth bearing in mind, thankyou.

Sign in to follow this