• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Advice Needed Quickly! 1.6 8v Cylinder Head Gasket

GLPoomobile

Just went to re-fit my cylinder head but the head gasket I got from GSF doesn't look right. For a start the headbolt hole doesn't fit over the dowel in the block at the flywheel end, the hole is fractionally too small. A lot of the cut outs in the gasket don;t match up with the channels in the head either.

This is what I've got

head gasket

I think the part number is N11118. The label has 309 XU9 in the list of models. Just checked the GSF online catalogue and this part number comes up as PARTNER 1.9D 3 NTCH (XUD) but there is N11128 which comes up as 405 1.6/1.9 8V.

Is it possible I've got a 1.9 Dieslel gasket?

205turbo

in the pic it says xud on the packet, i would take it back

cheers

paul

GLPoomobile

yeah, just noticed that when I zoomed in!

Bloody useless twats!!

GLPoomobile

Just thought I'd add this little tale of woe about GSF....

I bought the head gasket, headset and headbolt set at the same time a month ago. I then bought the timing belt a few weeks ago on another visit. All parts were ordered using the part numbers in the catalogue.

1st cock up, as above, the supplied me with a diesel gasket despite me giving the correct part number :D Since they use Citroen part numbers the guy had got one digit wrong when he cross referenced.

Took the gasket back and got it replaced and got £6 back in the process.

Put the gasket on, put the head on, go to put the bolts in and notice they look different. Wrong head bolts ;) Bloody dieslel ones. So back I go to GSF. In this case I did actually order the wrong part as the catalogue was a bit vague in this case, but the guy swapped them and didn't charge me extra despite the difference in cost, and he said not to use the catalogue part numbers as it is only a guide and not always accurate.

So bolte the head down and go fit the belt. No timing marks on the belt, that's a bit odd I think. I check the box and they have given me a f***ing diesle belt!! I never checked the box as the info on the receipt was correct. I ordered the right part and he put it through correctly on the receipt but gave me the wrong belt.

So that's 3 f***ing trips I have had to GSF this week because of their cock ups. I know I should have checked everything after the first cock up, but it was just stupid of me not too.

In future I'm not going to use the catalogue, I'll get them to do the leg work in the shop and make sure I check everything before I leave.

Sign in to follow this