• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

What Ecu For Slightly Modded Mi16?

inferno

im looking for a decent ecu, that ill be able to map myself fairly easyly, to run my current engine build to its full potential.

im looking at a 2.1 modded CR and fully rebuilt with the uprated components nessasary, ill initially run mi16 management, but the s16 ignition setup could be fitted for aftermarket ecu's use.

im looking to rely heavyly on controlled noz initially, but later upgrade to turbo, and maybe lower noz assistance.

so far i rather like the DTA S60 ecu for its rather large spec list!

has any1 else looked into this? aside from the noz control, what other ecu's would fit the bill?

how easy can a good DIY map be acheived?

what gains were made by swapping management?

im really new to aftermarket stuff, but ive already rewired several engines with different management and know enough to realise this is the key to increased performance and drivability, and am confident enough to fit it, although programming the maps will be tottally new to me.

Jakob

The OMEX600 is a very good engine management system. Most important is that it is very easy to map and understand. They have free plug n' play startup maps for the MI16 engine.

Bono

you could do it with a megasquirt (i currently use a megasquirt on mine, and theres plenty of features for nitrous on it)

inferno

tbh i think mega squirts a bit over my head... unless u could give me the complete component kit i have no hope. wiring it up and making the ecu would be easy, but i havent a clue what i need to order and where from, and mapping will still be new to me...

Sign in to follow this