• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrainFluid

Clockwork Orange

Guest BrainFluid

Hey.

I replaced the clock in my td the other day. The old one only flashed up half of the required digits and the hour button was stuck in so every second an hour went by on it.

Consequently I never really looked at the clock at all but now I've put a new one in its really annoying me because I cant see it anyway! The steering wheel is in the way, lol, it looks like that part of the dash was designed for left hand drive and they never designed an opposit middle console for the right hand drive.

Its really annoying, I might well even put the broken one back in! :)

Super Josh
it looks like that part of the dash was designed for left hand drive and they never designed an opposit middle console for the right hand drive.

Exactly right, why you should always buy Japanese :)

Josh

PS

Although you then end up with the indicator on the wrong side.

DaveW

how close do you sit to the wheel then :D

Ren

I've noticed that as well, not that my clock works anyway, and I sit with my seat as far back as it will go.

Jer309GTi

I reckon it would be worth doing a vote to see who has a clock that actually works lol! All the 205's/309's that myself and friends have owned have all had broken clocks!

Guest BrainFluid
how close do you sit to the wheel then :D

Ha! I am a shortarse at 5'7and a half''

All the 205's/309's that myself and friends have owned have all had broken clocks!

Well keep them that way! Fix 'em and it'll do your head box in.

Pug_101
I reckon it would be worth doing a vote to see who has a clock that actually works lol! All the 205's/309's that myself and friends have owned have all had broken clocks!

I've got a good one :D

Should now break within 2 days of posting this :)

Rob_the_Sparky
Although you then end up with the indicator on the wrong side.

The correct side if you were brought up on old English cars!

steve@cornwall

All three of mine work :D

pug_ham

Mine work (GTi's & STDT) but my black GTi has one dead segment on the minutes but thats no problem.

The correct side if you were brought up on old English cars!

Definately, I was once almost tempted to swap them on my old mini for newer ones that were the same as my 205 but never did, its not a struggle to get used to. My old work had a Toyata minibus that had them the same way also, not having driven a Jap car since leaving I don't know if this is still the same.:D

Graham.

ste996

Mine works for while keeps good time and then for no reason packs up. :rolleyes:

lasts weeks then only a few hours on other occations.

Baz

Mine did work, until a few days ago!

Lots of Jap cars have indicators the other way round, Suzuki's, Kia's etc really annoying when i drive my mates Baleno, keep putting the wipers on!! but soon get used to it!

Edited by BazGTMi

boldy205

mine is touch sensitive!!! hit it and it works, only evet displays 1:00am though. hmmm. its been like that for bout 3 years now, may treat myself oneday and get a functioning one!

Jrod

Mine works and so does my coin tray. :(

TEKNOPUG
mine is touch sensitive!!! hit it and it works, only evet displays 1:00am though. hmmm. its been like that for bout 3 years now, may treat myself oneday and get a functioning one!

Mine did exactly the same as that. If you pull the trim off and pull the clock out, you'll see that there are quite long wires that trail from the back. They have to be bent and squashed for the clock to fit. What happens is that over time the plastic insulating wears a hole or two (opening the ash tray doesn't help) and the clock keeps shorting out. Just wrap a few pieces of insulating tape around the wires and it should work perfectly again.

Sign in to follow this