• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Handling Question

Grim.Badger

My old 205 was a diesel with brand new standard front suspension (shocks, springs, bushes, lower suspension arms) and a 1.9GTi rear beam with new diesel shocks and new sandwich bushes/mounts.

It also had refurbished front calipers, 1.6GTi wheels and Yoko tyres.

The point is it handled like it was on rails, although with a bit more body roll than the GTi.

Would slightly thicker torsion bars and new suspension components give me similar handling in the GTi?

Edited by Grim.Badger

Anthony

Stiffer (GTi, possibly aftermarket) springs should help although if be a bit nose heavy still with the heavy old derv lump up front. Rear beam will be fine if it's a 1.9 item as this'll already have thicker TB's and ARB compared to the original diesel item.

jonD6B

What tyres are you running on the GTI?

Grim.Badger
Stiffer (GTi, possibly aftermarket) springs should help although if be a bit nose heavy still with the heavy old derv lump up front. Rear beam will be fine if it's a 1.9 item as this'll already have thicker TB's and ARB compared to the original diesel item.

Sorry didn't make myself clear. I don't have the diesel anymore, I want my GTi to be as sure of itself on the road as my old diesel was and was thinking that to get similar results I'd have to upgrade the GTi torsion bars so that they are stiffer than standard and give a bit more solidness to the rear.

Basically: Diesel Front suspension + GTi Rear Suspension = Good drive

GTi Front Suspension + GTi Rear Suspension = A bit tail happy

GTi Front Suspension + Uprated Rear Suspension = Good Drive?

The GTi is running Goodyear Eagle Venturas on the Front and Yokos on the rear, but all are a bit old and I will be replacing with a full set of new yokos when I have the money.

Sign in to follow this