• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSL 333

Front Scooshers Barely Working

Guest TSL 333

Battery is fine, washer bottle is full, pressure is crap. Any ideas - could the motor be on it's way out?

TEKNOPUG

probably the pump. They just pull out from the bottom of the bottle. Check the connections for corrosion also. Could also be blockage in the line to the jets.

steve@cornwall
Battery is fine, washer bottle is full, pressure is crap. Any ideas - could the motor be on it's way out?

They're pretty crap, so I reckon so! May be worth taking the jets out of the bonnet and seeing that you can blow through them easily- if not a single strand of speaker wire can be twiddled down the jet to clean it

sonofsam

You could always get a pump from a 406 there alot stronger

trogboy

Take out the the pump and see of you've got any cack in the intake.

Then have a look at the tubing - it should be see through so blockages are quite easy to locate.

Pins are also good for the washer jets

Edited by trogboy

Simes

Pump is £12.50 from Pug and the jets are £2.50, Hose about £3 from Halfrauds. I've just replaced it all - what a difference!

Grim.Badger

A 205 pump should easily have enough pressure to run twin jets from Halfords. I replaced my old system a while back and it made a huge difference, especially with the twin jets :D .

Didn't work so well when I transfered it over from my old car for some reason :blink:

Paintguy

Try swapping the front and back pumps around first to see if that cures your problem :blush:

hengti

clean the fluid reservoir and the pipes out as well - they can gunk up fairly quickly

Bono

Not sure how well they would work on 205 but on my 306 i have 307*i think* washer jets which sort of mist the water on instead of just two squirts.

It works wonders, although i'm afraid i can't remember the part number or exactly what car they came off.

Edp

Put your reservoir in the dishwasher, comes up a treat. But dont tell the missus!

Simes
twin jets from Halfords.

These empty the resevoir in a matter of seconds and are ugly. :blush: The OE parts from Pug are cheaper and you don't have to fill the bottle up so often,

Henry Yorke
You could always get a pump from a 406 there alot stronger

I did that on my skip and it is incredible the difference. I also twin jetted from a 306 and spent hours spraying myself whilst doing contortionist manouvers with a pin in my hand!!

sonofsam

That coupled together with a bx spray bar WOULD empty the tank fairly rapidly, but its a big reservoir. Never bothered me filling it up more often.Plus you can remove the jets altogether!

Sign in to follow this