• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

1.6 Compensator Valve Quieries And Tyre Pressures Too

205_sunderland

i have recently changed the lot on me car front end wise except for top mounts, shockers, droplinks, bottom arms track rod ends etc. after all this i had the car tracked and its was 10mm out i have put to drago's on front now 195 50 15 and still have the bulletproof eagle f1's on rear, i run 31psi all round off an acurate guage, and since all has been done the car just isnt as good handling full stop, the front end just dosnt feel as good on handling anymore, the other day the car went sideways almost under heavy braking nad back end locked up under heavy braking also after a stupid women cut me up, it just dosnt feel awsome to drive anymore before round the bends.

the compensator valve is shot i know and rear shockers are too but just fliting round rounabout etc still the front end feels like it wants to bounce up and down if you understand what i mean. i have some avo's in garage to fit now on rear and a new compensator valve from gsf today. can anyone tell me if ya feel tyre pressures are ok as i searched to no avail. would i benefit from 29 psi?

the next problem is the fact that the compensator i got is fattter at one end and is in a bendix box but has no markings as to which end goes where?

any help on both please as i feel bit sick at the moment as it just dosnt drive as amazing as before????

regards michael

pug_ham
i have recently changed the lot on me car front end wise except for top mounts, shockers, droplinks, bottom arms track rod ends etc.
That doesn't sound like you changed anything. :D
after all this i had the car tracked and its was 10mm out i have put to drago's on front now 195 50 15 and still have the bulletproof eagle f1's on rear, i run 31psi all round off an acurate guage, and since all has been done the car just isnt as good handling full stop, the front end just dosnt feel as good on handling anymore, the other day the car went sideways almost under heavy braking nad back end locked up under heavy braking also after a stupid women cut me up, it just dosnt feel awsome to drive anymore before round the bends.

can anyone tell me if ya feel tyre pressures are ok as i searched to no avail. would i benefit from 29 psi?

Have they tracked it correctly? If its not done right it can ruin the hadling on any car. 10mm out doesn't seem right, 10' yes but 10mm... Where?

Tyre pressures should be 28psi all round imo so yours are to high, although this wouldn't cause it to feel boucy alone.

If the back shocks are dead they can make quite a lot of difference to how a car drives, especially on the 205 as they are about the most important part to have right.

the next problem is the fact that the compensator i got is fattter at one end and is in a bendix box but has no markings as to which end goes where?
Are the threads a different size on each end? They are on the 1.9 compensators to prevent wrong fitting & might be on a 1.6(assuming thats what yours is).

Graham.

205_sunderland

the threads are the same on both ends so it looks like i going to have to tip it at certain angles and blow into it and see ifi can work out when it restricts the flow :D

in regards to suspension etc i meant to say i changed everything except for the top mounts, i have always oiled the rack recently and but a new boot on but i dout that will make any difference.

regards michael

205_sunderland

29psi all round is the future :D just had a little test drive

civic type r's be afraid once again be very afarid :P

pug_ham

I was working under the bonnet on a 1.6 today & the compensator looked to have the same thread at each end but the thicker end was at the lower side (outlet? ) so I'd guess the new one fits the same as your current one.

Would seem logical that way anyway imo.

Why 29psi when 28psi is recommended pressure?

Graham.

205_sunderland

dunno i thought 29 all round was about as low as ya could go. but these p5000 tyres are still useless, they squeal and screech all the time and dont give as much grip at all, i would be anoyed if i found some after the performance of these 2 tyres, i cant cary any previous speeds anymore and every time ya put ya foot down it spins like hell. they really are poo

but as for compensator i looked and they are different sizes on original ones so at least i can fit that no bother :blink: well hopefully

Sign in to follow this