• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lil Black Pug

Coolant Leak

Guest Lil Black Pug

HAd a couple of errands to do this morning so driving the pug round. Stopped outside the house then to notice steam pouring out the bonnett. s*it me thinks!! :lol:

Pop the bonnet and to the tell tale stink of boiling anti-freeze.

1st noticed it seemed coming from around the injectors so thought hmmm? :D

2nd I saw a stream of coolant pumping out on top the injectors from the right (n/s)

I whipped off the air hoses but didnt notice anything obvious then the mrs noticed a black screw cap with washer lying on the rocker that apperas to have sheared off?

Didnt really have time to check it over cos unfortunatley I have to go to work! Anyone got any ideas to save me spending 2hrs locating the problem? :lol:

richsmells

Black screw cap with washer....

possibly the bleed screw found on the thermostat housing. Would probably piss water all over the injectors if it sheared off.

Guest Lil Black Pug

Quick update, yep it was teh bleed valve.

Popped into a pug dealer who told me mopst have nopw been replaced with brass screws. Anyway got one now.

tried to remove whats left of teh old plastic one, tap in screwdriver and hope for the best. Obvoisly hasnt bee moved for a while as it werent moving. Next thing the T piece coming out the thermostat housing poppd out? Pug are telling me that means an entire new housing is that correct?

Sign in to follow this