• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmy9gti

Oil Breather Pipes And Oil Filler Etc?

Guest jimmy9gti

Hi all,

putting my 205 track/sprint car back together,and coming to the end of connecting everything up,99% done.

Can anyone please help with advice on connecting/blanking off breathers and pipes??.

I'm running twin 45 webers just to put you in the picture!.

The actual engine i'm using is an XU 1.9 8v and came from a donor car with everything already done.

Problem is cant 100% remember how everything was plumbed up,getting old ;) .

At the front of the engine at bottom of block there are 2 stubby bits of pipe one large one small,i know the larger one goes to the bottom of the filler neck,and the smaller one to a bit of pipe on the side of the filler neck. My question is can and should i blank off the smaller bit of pipe going into the block?,and can i plug up the bit of pipe on the side of the filler neck??.

I'm intending to put at least a breather, pipercross pancake type on the larger outlet on the filler neck cap itself,or maybe run a pipe from this to some sort of catch tank?.

Just needing to know for sure if it's ok to blank off the smaller pipe on bottom of block and outlet on side of OIL FILLER NECK ITSELF. :lol:

This is one of a couple of things stopping me from turning the key and getting this thing fired up! (cant wait).

Just trying to keep everything neat and tidy,as some of you may know? limited for space and where to run long lengths of pipe etc.

Also reason for me asking is i dont think i've got the proper hose for this anymore,as i've been a while doing this build.

Any help and advice/opinions very much appreciated?

Great site and forum.

All the best,

Jim.

Guest jimmy9gti
Hi all,

putting my 205 track/sprint car back together,and coming to the end of connecting everything up,99% done.

Can anyone please help with advice on connecting/blanking off breathers and pipes??.

I'm running twin 45 webers just to put you in the picture!.

The actual engine i'm using is an XU 1.9 8v and came from a donor car with everything already done.

Problem is cant 100% remember how everything was plumbed up,getting old :lol: .

At the front of the engine at bottom of block there are 2 stubby bits of pipe one large one small,i know the larger one goes to the bottom of the filler neck,and the smaller one to a bit of pipe on the side of the filler neck. My question is can and should i blank off the smaller bit of pipe going into the block?,and can i plug up the bit of pipe on the side of the filler neck??.

I'm intending to put at least a breather, pipercross pancake type on the larger outlet on the filler neck cap itself,or maybe run a pipe from this to some sort of catch tank?.

Just needing to know for sure if it's ok to blank off the smaller pipe on bottom of block and outlet on side of OIL FILLER NECK ITSELF. :D

This is one of a couple of things stopping me from turning the key and getting this thing fired up! (cant wait).

Just trying to keep everything neat and tidy,as some of you may know? limited for space and where to run long lengths of pipe etc.

Hi again,

please please could i have a bit of feedback on my questions??

I'm on the brink of trying to start her up and seeing what happens!.

All i really need to know is, on the filler neck itself (not the cap!) there is one large oulet/pipe with a hose that runs down to the bottom of the block and onto a smallish pipe and is next to the main larg oil filler pipe. Can i block this pipe off on the filler neck? and plug the pipe up coming out of the block?.

Would be especially interested to hear from people running completed carbd conversions,and how they have got their breather system hoses/pipes connected and set up???????.

Many thanks,and hope to hear from somebody soon please :lol:

Also reason for me asking is i dont think i've got the proper hose for this anymore,as i've been a while doing this build.

Any help and advice/opinions very much appreciated?

Great site and forum.

All the best,

Jim.

Sign in to follow this