• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob_the_Sparky

Views On Weber Alpha Ecu?

Rob_the_Sparky

As above, anyone know anything about it?

Sandy

Weber dealer only mapping, when I looked into it a while back, which seriously put me off because the mapping costs were ridiculous and want's the point of an aftermarket ECU that you can't access yourself?

Rob_the_Sparky

Was beginning to wonder as I can't find any manuals for them on-line...swear. Do you know if it is fit by dealer only usually as well?

mfield

I used to have the silver kit and was impressed, it came mapped and was easy to install. Like said tho the software for mapping is supposed to be dealer only. When getting it altered at northhampton motorsport the guy told me that each package webcon send out is tagged to the dealer. So if they were to sell it on or lend a copy webcon would know who let it out into the public domain.

TT205

It depends on the age of the kit as to whether it will be Alpha or Alpha plus. If it's to be purchased from Weber now it will definately be 'plus' as they don't make the other version now

See this thread for pictures etc

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=56934&hl=alpha

Alpha Plus is Weber distibutors only (and there are only 2 or 3 that do it - including Northampton motorsport mentioned above). I know Chipwizards can map standard Alpha, but whether you can get software to do it yourself I've no idea

I went for 8P in the end, but had it mapped for me

Dave

Sandy

I was thinking that after posting earlier, you might as well use a cheap as chips 8P if you don't want user access or a wide choice of mappers.

Rob_the_Sparky

Ah well, will be proud owner of a weber Alpha this weekend so lets just cross finger teh dealer set-up ain't too costly!!

toonz

Hi Rob,

Let us know how you get on with th Webber Alpha kit please, very interested in how much it costs to be mapped and the power you achieve with it. What's the spec of the engine you are fitting it to?

Cheers mate.

Kris

Rob_the_Sparky

Not fitting it until my other car is reliable but the car it will be fitted to has a stock bottom end (although full rebuilt, pretty much everything is new), has been gas flowed, compression raised to 10.4:1 and a non-stock cam (although probably not much differnet from stock). Need the ECU because the required ignition curves are different from stock and on the stock system you either retard until you loose power and idle or advance an get mid-range pinking.

At 2k new and no home tuning it wouldn't be the kit I'd choose if I were paying full price for it. I'd prefer to be able to tune it myself but given the price I paid I'll put up with that!

Sign in to follow this