• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul205mi16

How To Wire Up The Throtle Position Sensor?

paul205mi16

Hi all! :D

i have started to try to get my 205 mi16 up and running for the summer and realised that the wires for the tps have been cut, so i have been down to the scrappy and got another connector which leaves me wondering which wire connect to each other!?

there are three wires that connect to the sensor.

the loom on the car that has been used is from a motronic 3.1 (mi16 managment)

pic of three wires comming from loom for tps as follows:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/pau.../Picture023.jpg

1 wire: Darker blue

1 wire: Lighter blue

1 wire: Red

pic of tps(throtle position sensor) plug that i got from the scrappy. i know its unclear in the pic but it has three sockets.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/pau.../Picture027.jpg

i have looked in the haynes manual-but it is no help as the numbers seem to have come off the origional mi16 wiring.

does any one know what colour the wires on they mi16 loom is that goes to the tps?

any help appreciated,its been a long time since ive driven any 205 and i need mine back very soon.

Paul.

paul205mi16

can anyone help me please!im desperate!

all i need to know is which colour the wires go on someones mi16 to the throtle position sensor .

Please help!

Edited by paul205mi16

ablister

pin 1 of the tps is wire 3 which goes to pin3 in the ecu. Pin 2 (wire M43) joins with one of the earths in the main loom and pin 3 is wire 2R and goes to pin 2 of the ecu. No idea of what the colours are again but they should be numbered

paul205mi16

i have pulled the rubber insolation back and cant see no numbers atall, i think they have rubbed off-i should have said the loom is from a 90 mi16 alloy block.

i doo need the colours really as i cant see no numbers.

ablister

just had a look at spare looms i have and the colours are blue for pins 1 + 3 and pin 2 is green/yellow for both looms. Best to get your multimeter out to check what wire goes to what pin in the ecu

Sign in to follow this