• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CJG122

Boot Lock Problem - Can Only Be Opened Through Central Locking

Guest CJG122

The boot can be locked with a key but not unlocked. I have to use the central locking to get it open. Can someone advise on reasons/reparation.

Chris

TEKNOPUG
The boot can be locked with a key but not unlocked. I have to use the central locking to get it open. Can someone advise on reasons/reparation.

Chris

Remove boot lock from inside tailgate - remove interior trim, it will then become obvious how to remove it. Inspect lock. I "think" the lock turns and then operates a rod, like the door locks.

Guest CJG122
Remove boot lock from inside tailgate - remove interior trim, it will then become obvious how to remove it. Inspect lock. I "think" the lock turns and then operates a rod, like the door locks.

Will do. Shoud give me a better idea of why it is not working. Just seems strange that the lock can lock but not unlock.

Phil H

Is your key a non original one from a key cutting shop as these often play up.

Tried WD40ing?

Guest CJG122
Is your key a non original one from a key cutting shop as these often play up.

Tried WD40ing?

The key is indeed not original.

Will try WD40.

The door locks had been done in by someone in need a a GTI. Thankfully the attempt was not succesful. Eventually I should change all locks as at the mo I have two sets of keys - for the doors and ignition.

Anyone have an idea of how much this should cost from Peugeot ? The dealer over here tends to get happy when it comes to figures.

Grim.Badger
The key is indeed not original.

Will try WD40.

The door locks had been done in by someone in need a a GTI. Thankfully the attempt was not succesful. Eventually I should change all locks as at the mo I have two sets of keys - for the doors and ignition.

Anyone have an idea of how much this should cost from Peugeot ? The dealer over here tends to get happy when it comes to figures.

They will cost a stupid amount from peugeot, iirc it's £75 just for a pair of front door locks that aren't even matched to your car. They're a bit more expensive if you want them to match the original set though god only knows why as they seem to have only used 10 key combinations. I once unlocked a 309 and turned his lights off in work with my door key :blink: I've got the keys to 5 different 205 locks at home and could probably steal half the 205s and 309s in the area with them if I wanted to. One of the damn things is enough for me at the moment though :D

Use some grease or heavy oil in the locks rather than WD40 which tends to evaporate and leave the lock unlubricated.

Sign in to follow this