• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Oil Pressure Guage Sensor

Grim.Badger

Was the oil pressure guage sensor mounted above the oil filter fitted to any other car that I'm likely to find in a scrapyard?

jim21070

AFAIK, only GTis (both 205 and 309) and maybe anything fitted with the MI engine. Some esoteric BXs may just have one although generally you're more likely to find an oil level sender rather than a pressure sender.

The chances of finding a good 'un puts them in holy grail territory as they are not the most reliable or trouble-free device at the best of times and will be one of the first things to disappear from a scrapper.

Ryan

It's listed on the parts CD as being fitted to the 205, 309, 405, and 406. So I guess any car with an oil pressure gauge should have one.

KRISKARRERA

All 405s have them despite not having the gauge on the dash. (though right now I wish they did)

Grim.Badger

I couldn't see one on a shedload of 406s I checked, and couldn't see one on the 405s I checked :blink:

I'll probably end up getting a new one in the end but I'll have another look first.

Cheers :D

pugrallye

406's dont normally have a pressure gauge sender

Grim.Badger

Just found one on a 306 16v XSi!

Richie-Van-GTi
Just found one on a 306 16v XSi!

Damn you, thats the size one I want, will swap you for a gti one if you like -_-

swordfish210

regardless of having an oil pressure guage on the dash all cars will have an oil pressure sender as some will be linked just to the warning light on the dash and on some EFI cars it will be connected to the ECU

Richie-Van-GTi
regardless of having an oil pressure guage on the dash all cars will have an oil pressure sender as some will be linked just to the warning light on the dash and on some EFI cars it will be connected to the ECU

nope, a lot of cars just use an oil pressure switch -_-

Grim.Badger
Damn you, thats the size one I want, will swap you for a gti one if you like :)

I've not taken it off the car yet, it's still in the scrapyard. I take it they are different thread sizes then? It looks identicle to mine, but mine doesn't look like the last and only one I've bothered to look at on another GTi -_-

Richie-Van-GTi

Iron blocks use a larger thread (m16) AFAIK, the alloy block uses a 1/8 thread.

Im using a 2.0 block but didnt come with the sender, I still have my gti sender though -_-

Grim.Badger
Iron blocks use a larger thread (m16) AFAIK, the alloy block uses a 1/8 thread.

Im using a 2.0 block but didnt come with the sender, I still have my gti sender though :)

I'll get it and check it on my spare block and if it doesn't fit then I'll swap -_-

Grim.Badger

I finally got around to getting it this weekend and they'd scrapped it :)

The other 16v XSi they've got doesn't have one :blink:

Sign in to follow this