• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

Throtlle Bodies In 1.6

205freak

hi there, i´ve searched about this and found nothing. I want to know, what will i need, to do this on my 205GTI 1.6?? Which companies can i order all the goods?? What can you advise me the good an bad points on doing this mod....how much bhp will I gain by doing this???

The only thing i have is a magnex 4-1 manifold, green admission, full ported/polished head and kent270 cam!!!

please help me :ph34r:

kman1600
hi there, i´ve searched about this and found nothing. I want to know, what will i need, to do this on my 205GTI 1.6?? Which companies can i order all the goods?? What can you advise me the good an bad points on doing this mod....how much bhp will I gain by doing this???

The only thing i have is a magnex 4-1 manifold, green admission, full ported/polished head and kent270 cam!!!

please help me :)

Hi,

In my opinion dont rush into Throttle Bodies, plenum systems actually work quite well on even quite aggressively tuned engines. Remember that only one cylinder is trying to draw in air at anyone one time so the fact that the throttle body arrangement has 4 inlets to the plenum systems ones does automatically translate into better peak performance.

In a past life I ran what I guess could be described as a very fast road spec. 1600 K-Series engine, initially on the standard plenum and then on Jenveys. The engine made very similar peak power on both set-ups the only real advantage in the Jenveys came on part throttle and at idle, where the engine was definitely happier. If I was using very aggressive Cams the picture might have been a little different, I was using Piper 285 profile cams.

Given the state of tune of your engine at the moment I dont believe Throttle Bodies should be your next step, Id look at installing a more modern control system and getting rid of the airflow meter. Youll need to do this anyway to go to T/Bodies so it makes a logical first step.

Thats my thoughts anyway,

Tim

Sign in to follow this