• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Bonnet Hinge

timmsy19

Evening all.

had a bit of a problem tonight when i came to lift my bonnet up. the bloody thing has snapped of on the drivers side hinge. the lifter is fine but the bonnet lifts and closed pissed. :P

any ideas what to do? have been thinking bonnet lifters from the 106 as its more of a perminant fix, however how easy would it be to fit the new hinge???

DaveW

when you close it push it down on the dodgy hinge bit it should shut ok, plus they can be a cnut to get if the bolt has snapped off :P

timmsy19

it doesnt close straight so its a pain in the arse at the mo. as i said the bonnet rest is fine and so is the passengers side hinge its just the drivers side which i think the bolt has finally snapped

vern

This happened to my old diesel 205, its dead easy to replace the hinge it is a simple unbolt, bolt, but would advise to get a glamouros assistant to hold the bonnet while you do the swap over, to save any possible damage to the paintwork.

bitchass 205
Evening all.

had a bit of a problem tonight when i came to lift my bonnet up. the bloody thing has snapped of on the drivers side hinge. the lifter is fine but the bonnet lifts and closed pissed. :(

any ideas what to do? have been thinking bonnet lifters from the 106 as its more of a perminant fix, however how easy would it be to fit the new hinge???

String!!!!!!! :P:(

timmsy19
This happened to my old diesel 205, its dead easy to replace the hinge it is a simple unbolt, bolt, but would advise to get a glamouros assistant to hold the bonnet while you do the swap over, to save any possible damage to the paintwork.

ive got an assistant so there is the first bit done just need to take a proper look at it and find out how buggered it is

String!!!!!!! :P:(

how would string help???? could try zip ties like evrything else is held on, on a 205

Sign in to follow this