• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbayley77

Xrdt Box Into 205?

mbayley77

I put a be3 box out of a diesel turbo 1994/5 xrdt.

All alligned fine but cant seem to select 5 or reverse from the box. The levers were slightly different so i swapped them from my original be3 box fine.

Is this just not possible to swap into the car or am i doing something dumb?

jackherer
The levers were slightly different so i swapped them from my original be3 box fine.

did you let the shaft drop back into the gearbox when you changed the lever? if so there is something that can become disconnected which is why you cant get 5th or reverse. Its repairable but the gearbox has to come off again unfortunately :unsure:

mbayley77

By "the shaft" what exactly do you mean. The shaft that goes into the crank or something else?

Oh just for info but i do get drive in 1 through 4 gears.

Edited by mbayley77

pug_ham

I think jackherer means did you change the selector arm on the gearbox or was the box from a 205?

If it was from a 306 or similar swapping the selector arm can cause this problem if you're not extremely careful when doing it as the shaft inside the gearbox can drop out of position & then you loose some gears.

Graham.

mbayley77

bugger, its from a 306 and seems like i have dropped the shaft then. Whats the remedy for getting it back then?

not fussed about taking it off again its not the hardest job to do now everything is free and easy as everything has been off so many times!

pug_ham

Try a quick search of Miles' posts from a while ago as he posted how to do this before iirc or try sending him a pm.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this