• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Professor

Mi16 Error Code: 33

Mad Professor

Hi All.

Today when we took the Mi16 out for a test drive the K-Light came on, flicking the old switch came up with error 33.

A quick look in Autodata came up with.

Error Code 33: Volume air flow (VAF) sensor / manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor.

We don't have a MAP sensor, so I guess it's not that.

And I guess by VAF thay mean AFM?

So if thats the case does that mean the AFM is shot or is there anything we can do about it?

Thanks for your time.

inferno

the map sensor would be inside the ECU! that little rubber pipe goes to it. it should be fine if it was the one i sent you!

the AFM could be shot, does it muck around when running when u push the flap around?u should see from that weather its doing anything, other than that i dont know how to test them.

have you checked for dodgy wiring / s*itty plugs? have you modified the loom in anyway that i sent you?

KRISKARRERA
the map sensor would be inside the ECU! that little rubber pipe goes to it. it should be fine if it was the one i sent you!
Eh??! You 'aving a laugh??

Some info on fault codes here: http://peugeotlogic.com/workshop/wshtml/di...ne/testcone.htm

And here: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13369

Edited by KRISKARRERA

Veero

LOL :D

MAP sensor is AKA the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, I believe (several beers into the evening so sorry if this is wrong) they changed over to this system on late Citroens with the XU9J engine to do away with the AFM which provides an airflow restriction. MAP sensors also feature on later TU engines such as the 106 GTi engine.

Time for bed. :)

Veero

d-9
Eh??! You 'aving a laugh??

Nope, the motronic as fitted to the 106XSIs has the map sensor inside the ecu with a little metal pipe sticking out which a vacume pipe goes onto

pugrallye

well depending upon ecu, yes some motronics have MAP sensors built onto ECU, ie MP 3.2

Edited by pugrallye

KRISKARRERA

Yes I know all that but I assumed Mad Professor is asking about a 1.9 Mi16.

inferno

so what is the senser in the ecu then that reads from the manifold inlet, ie reading manifold pressure?!

jackherer
so what is the senser in the ecu then that reads from the manifold inlet, ie reading manifold pressure?!

thats a map sensor but the 1.9 mi16 doesnt have one, it has an air flow meter instead.

Mad Professor

The ECU was running fine and not showing this error 33 when we last ran the car before we killed the autobox.

Since then all I had done is rebuilt the Autobox, and re fitted eveything.

I have got over all the plugs, and everything is pluged in as should be.

But was unable to test for any broken wires at the time, as I did not have a volt meter to hand.

The ECU and Loom is from a CIT BX, and I can confirm there is not MAP sensor in / on this ECU.

I guess the 1st thing to do is get a volt meter and test all the AFM wires.

Super Josh

Well I think that you must have looked at the Autodata for a later Mi, maybe the S16?

Anyway, I looked up code '33' for Motronic 4.1 and it list it as the Airflow Meter, so, as you suggested time to check the pins on the AFM plug and make sure that they haven't been pushed back into the housing and that you have continuity on the wires too.

Josh

Mad Professor

Has anyone got the pin outs for the Mi16 AFM?

Sign in to follow this