• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

2.0 Turbo - Wastergate Chatter And Dumpvalves

jackherer
What are Citroen ones blanked off with?

its just a rubber bung on my activa IIRC

sonofsam

Yep just a bung with a metal strap i think, got a spare somewere if you want to try without DV.

Kev-G
both are left hand drive maybe a euro thing?

Not LHD - 406 MC is on the RHS (looking @ the engine bay)....Look @ the wipers in the 2nd. pic.

The engine in our 306 is from a 406 IIRC and has a recirc. DV.

tom_m

heres an XM bay for ya, the boost pipe is running down the battery side of the engine, with the two blanks sticking up.

DSC06973.jpg

cybernck
Peugeot or citreon spent hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, developing this engine. And they didn't see the need.

405 T16 has got a complete preparation for dump valve installation,

both VTA and recirculating systems.

i'm pretty sure they haven't fitted a standard plastic Bosch recirculating

valve as T16 is running 1.1-1.3 bars of boost as standard, which is quite

a bit more than the said valve can handle really.

Henry Yorke

So looking at the pics, it seems if you have a 406 engine with the pipe that comes over the top, then you have a recirc blow off valve, whereas if you have a cirtoen engine with the boost pipe down the side, then you don't have one. I wonder what caused this decision? Are there effectively two XU10J2TE engines then, one for Peugeot and one for Citroen? Does it make a difference on what year your donor car was (XM's were earlier than 406's)?

The more questions I ask, the more confused I become and the more grey this whole subject seems to be!

Beware the fog!!

Malachy
So looking at the pics, it seems if you have a 406 engine with the pipe that comes over the top, then you have a recirc blow off valve, whereas if you have a cirtoen engine with the boost pipe down the side, then you don't have one. I wonder what caused this decision? Are there effectively two XU10J2TE engines then, one for Peugeot and one for Citroen? Does it make a difference on what year your donor car was (XM's were earlier than 406's)?

The more questions I ask, the more confused I become and the more grey this whole subject seems to be!

Beware the fog!!

no my xantia activa engine has the pipe over the top and no recirc.Maybe to do with year but then why were the older cars designed with the blanking plugs if only the newer ones were getting the recirc?

Edited by Malachy

Sign in to follow this