• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

307 Hdi Callipers

roland rat

just bought a pair of 307 hdi callipers and want to paint them black.only question o have is that is it ok to paint them with hammerite? :unsure:

ash

jonnie205

Why oh why do people paint bits with hamerite. Its not an automotive product and in my opinion should never be used on any part of a car. It looks poor, its heavy, its will help keep heat in the brakes etc. Its ok for painting metal gates or a work bench but should never be used on a car. Why not just wire brush the callipers and they will look spot on. hammerite will get in the sliders and all over the seals etc. Painted callipers looks a mess full stop.

Rippthrough
Why oh why do people paint bits with hamerite. Its not an automotive product and in my opinion should never be used on any part of a car. It looks poor, its heavy, its will help keep heat in the brakes etc. Its ok for painting metal gates or a work bench but should never be used on a car. Why not just wire brush the callipers and they will look spot on. hammerite will get in the sliders and all over the seals etc. Painted callipers looks a mess full stop.

It doesn't get in the sliders, it doesn't get in the seals, and it works fine.

Miles

I think most people get it all over the place, I;ve seen loads like it and after a couple of months they do look horrid, I'm for the clean metal or plated look myself.

j_turnell

I painted mine in gold hammerite and think they look good, seems to be lasting just fine and was careful not to cover sliders and seals. :unsure:

Picture_007.sized.jpg

roland rat

oooo :o:unsure::D shiney!!!think ill give it a miss then dont want brakes that dont work!!! :wub:

Rippthrough
oooo :o:unsure::D shiney!!!think ill give it a miss then dont want brakes that dont work!!! :wub:

So long as you do a good job of masking up the seals there's no chance of that happening.

Very slim chance of it even if you don't.

Foltan
I painted mine in gold hammerite and think they look good, seems to be lasting just fine and was careful not to cover sliders and seals. :P

Picture_007.sized.jpg

:P theyre gold anyway?!! :D

Veero

Pimpin' :P

TEKNOPUG

They'll stay that colour for a month and then will get covered in brake dust and general road grime.

Rippthrough
They'll stay that colour for a month and then will get covered in brake dust and general road grime.

Not as badly as if they aren't painted though.

I removed nearly half a kilo(!) of caked on brake dust and mud before painting my 307 calipers.

-Phillip

Shevy
If i was to paint my calipers i think i'd use the proper heat/chemical resistant caliper paint. Loads on Ebay. If youve got a steady hand they can look good but i agree with miles most are a mess ^_^

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thats a link to some 205 front suspension ?? :unsure:

Edp

Its changed, it was for some black caliper paint............obviously :unsure:

Sign in to follow this