• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrAsh

Intermittent Problem Any Ideas?

Guest MrAsh

Hey Guys I'm having another problem with my 1.4 CJ; well it's the same problem.

Basically from cold start, running on choke I can be in gear and accelerate (steadily) and it will all of a sudden hit's a massive flat spot which can completely cut the engine out (Very embarrassing on roundabouts as it looks as if I can't drive)

I thought it was the accelerator jet diaphragm as this was not working properly on my old carb but I put a new one on (courtesy of smokingslim) and it is still doing the same thing, the carb has helped though as it is much smoother running

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated. Ash.

Enfield

Have you checked the distibuter cap?

macaroni

Is your fuel system clean? Check your main filter and also the inline filter gauze that sits in the union where the main inlet pipe joins the carb.

Rippthrough

At a guess wither a blocked filter or a pressure regulator isn't quite holding right?

Guest MrAsh

I checked all the fuel filters and they are clean... and the distributer is new so no probs there..but i noticed the timing was at 8deg advance when it should have been changed to 4deg for unleaded so this might be the problem. As it is an intermittent fault i will have to see if it does it again to be sure...

Sign in to follow this