• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Another Mi Conversion Question!

boldy205

Hi. I am unsure on what ignition system to use on my pre cat 1.9 8v when i convert it to a pre cat Mi? can i use the mi bits (as they are controled by the ECU) or do i have to use all the 8v bits with a dizzy conversion plate? also i have read that it is not recomended to use unleaded in this engine, is this true? if so is the only reason because of valve seat resession? or is it an octaine related issue? many thanks for your time. Matt. :(

boldy205

well yes this is the way, but is there anotherway to do it and retain the 16v dizzy?

nick

Just use the full Mi set up.

Unleaded all the way on both 8v and 16v, they are alloy heads so have valve seat inserts hence no valve seat recession.

Nick

ablister

yes, as above, use the full mi16 motronic loom and incorporate your 205 loom into it. The 16v engine needs a minimum of 97 ron petrol.

Jer309GTi

I think he wanted to put carbs on it, or you changed ur mind Matt?

boldy205

yes thats right, i forgot to mention that it going so be carb'd! doh! so this changes things?

ecksstore

I am planning shifting my MI from Mi16 set up to R1 carbs as well but Im unsure if I will have to refit the original 205 loom

Sign in to follow this