• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

Rear Hoses And Driveshafts

pp205

Hi all, wondering if someone can help, I have 2 questions:

Have spent all day swapping over 1.9 rear beam, front struts and exhaust onto my 1.6 to match the 1.9 engine I have had put in it (so yes it is really a 1.9 now but you know what I mean!)

The rear hoses were knackered so I got some new ones but when I came to swap them I found the rear drivers side went on fine, but the passenger side was different as it had a bit of thread sticking out the top that went to a 3 way connector and then to the pipes. I phoned the parts place but the guy said all his listings for rear hoses were the same apart from the ABS one which he didn't have in stock. Does anyone have any idea if that is the one I want?

Second question, are 1.9 and 1.6 driveshafts all the same on the end that doesn't go to the strut/hub? I had to stick with my 1.6 hubs and calipers as the 1.9 ones were slightly different. So basically if I buy 2 1.9 drivshafts will I be able to use them and then add the 1.9 hubs/calipers whilst changing them?

I really hope that makes sense! I should have taken photos but had to get the car back together to get home!!

Thanks Simon

pug_ham
Hi all, wondering if someone can help, I have 2 questions:

The rear hoses were knackered so I got some new ones but when I came to swap them I found the rear drivers side went on fine, but the passenger side was different as it had a bit of thread sticking out the top that went to a 3 way connector and then to the pipes. I phoned the parts place but the guy said all his listings for rear hoses were the same apart from the ABS one which he didn't have in stock. Does anyone have any idea if that is the one I want?

You'll need the hose from a 1.6 GTi for your car, they are different as the 1.6 is the only 205 with the brakes split front to rear, all others are diagonally split circuit.

Second question, are 1.9 and 1.6 driveshafts all the same on the end that doesn't go to the strut/hub?

No, the hub end is thicker one the 1.9 GTi than any other 205.

I had to stick with my 1.6 hubs and calipers as the 1.9 ones were slightly different. So basically if I buy 2 1.9 drivshafts will I be able to use them and then add the 1.9 hubs/calipers whilst changing them?

Once you have some 1.9 GTi driveshafts you should be able to bolt everything 1.9 onto your car.

Graham.

pp205

Thanks very much Graham, at least someone knows what they are talking about - unlike me :P

Cheers Simon

Sign in to follow this