• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Gauge Holder In Heater Vent

Rob Turbo

When I first fitted a turbo to my 205 I put a boost gauge in the centre heater vent by cutting the fins on the vent and sticking it in, since my 205's been off the road for so long I decided to make a neater job of it, and while I'm at it, add my A/F ratio meter, my idea is fibreglass the holes up, then add a recess for the gauges to sit in

So far I've filled the holes and cut one hole for the recess, its far from finished, but what do you think so far?

Pic 1

Pic 2

I'm thinking about making a mould from it when I've finished one side so I can make the other side easier and exactly the same, so if anyone is interested I could probably knock a few up!

What do you think?

Cheers

Rob

pugrallye

damn good idea that as certain models have those vents blanked off anyway!!

Rob Turbo

Which models? does that mean you get a smooth blanking plate in place of the vent?

Could come in handy!

pugrallye

well euro rallyes for one, yeah so sticking gauges in there is no drama

inferno

ive seen somewhere do heater vent mounted gauges with functional vents still... cant remember where... like to see the end product though... im crap at making things in P40!

paul205mi16

looks interesteing m8-look forward to seeing the finished product!

Ryan

205n2c82f02a5ar.png

I don't know what models it was fitted to, probably really low-end ones.

tom_m

looks good mate. seems like a better solution that my attempt because you keep a lot more of the depth that way. the gauges sit a lot further back in mine.

TEKNOPUG

Yours like nice and factory though Tom.

I'm doinf away with the radio and mounting my boost and intake temp there. I've mocked them up and believe it or not, they are very visible and in line of site whilst driving. This may have a lot to do with my height and seat arrangement though.

sonofsam

Looks cool, Yeh im doing the same as Teknopug, i can punch 52mm holes in sheets of alu, so it makes it double easy for me to do it that way.

tom_m
Yours like nice and factory though Tom.

I'm doinf away with the radio and mounting my boost and intake temp there. I've mocked them up and believe it or not, they are very visible and in line of site whilst driving. This may have a lot to do with my height and seat arrangement though.

true true, so there are advantanges to being 7 feet tall then :P

pugrallye

I bought a din sized stereo three gauge holder from fcs a couple of years ago for the grand total of two quid, slots straight in and works a treat

timmsy19

what about a single gauge holder for the right hand side fan??

just a thought because i dont have a rev counter and might be a nice easy way of fitting one instead of full dash replacement

pdd144c

Just out of interest, what size are the heater controllers dials? Look about 52mm. As I no longer have a heater I was thinking about using these in mine. Boost, air temp and wide band lambda.

ada205
Just out of interest, what size are the heater controllers dials? Look about 52mm. As I no longer have a heater I was thinking about using these in mine. Boost, air temp and wide band lambda.

I've been thinking of putting gauges in the heater control panel, and the holes are slighly bigger than 52mm, so gauges will fit. :)

pdd144c

Sweet!

Miles

Paul, Look in Nick's old car as bar the cable ties that's what he used, well just the outside frame

Sam

Paul, give me a shout when you can.

I'm doinf away with the radio

No!!! I done that (well, I put my ecu there) and I want my stereo back now!!

TEKNOPUG

Fear not Sam!

I'm gonna use a portable MP3 player hooked up to an amp.

So there is nothing on display to warrant crack-heads breaking into it again (that's the theory anyway)

Dream Weaver

A bit like this then :D

gauges_sml.jpg

Not sure where I found the pic, its not mine, just spotted it on the net somewhere.

Edited by Dream Weaver

Sam

Thats a classic, a few people on here done that a while back. I'm sure Doofs old trackcar had that setup.

TEKNOPUG: Fair play, I was going to do that but couldn't be arsed :D

pdd144c

Cheers Miles. Will look next time im down there. Need it sorted before the dash is flocked.

Sam, I'll be on msn sometime later, need to speak to you also!

huckleberry
gauges_sml.jpg

If you are REALY a "Bob the Builder" you could make it both work, so you could turn the gauges and that way make the heater work LOL :D

mak

Good post, lots of good ideas!

I'm mounting my two gauges in pods atop the piece of crap coin trey. I did look at one of those pillar mount things but damn they're ugly.

TEKNOPUG

I think that I'd rather lose my stereo than my heater and vent controls.

Sign in to follow this