• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jacobs53

Failed Gsf Wishbone Balljoint After Less Than 80 Miles!

jacobs53

Utter crap! GSF wishbones may look good quailty but the one i just fitted to my old car has just failed in under 80 miles of use.... not even giving it any excessive speeds either! I even checked the hub to see if it had gone oval but its perfectly round...

I suppose paying peugeot 120.00 is the only answer ot a solid wishbone, that will last more than 80 miles.

I have a few things to get off my chest aswell why im here... why the hell did peugeot use droplinks for the antiroll bar, surely just attaching the antiroll bar to the underside of the wishbone would of been good engouh... tut tut... sorry im having a moan!

lee

Rippthrough
Utter crap! GSF wishbones may look good quailty but the one i just fitted to my old car has just failed in under 80 miles of use.... not even giving it any excessive speeds either! I even checked the hub to see if it had gone oval but its perfectly round...

I suppose paying peugeot 120.00 is the only answer ot a solid wishbone, that will last more than 80 miles.

I have a few things to get off my chest aswell why im here... why the hell did peugeot use droplinks for the antiroll bar, surely just attaching the antiroll bar to the underside of the wishbone would of been good engouh... tut tut... sorry im having a moan!

lee

Well, you'd still have to attach it with links, as it decribes a circle when it moves.

C_W

lee

Yea as above, the drop links would still be fitted to the wishbone in the same way but the drop link would be much shorter. It might give better control or something, not sure, but my ZM Coupe uses the same style of long drop links from the damper as the 205GTi but the normal Z3 uses pretty much the same roll bar and wishbone but the arb is bolted to the wishbone with a very stubby drop link.

Guest smokinslim
Well, you'd still have to attach it with links, as it decribes a circle when it moves.

Then how come on non-gtis the arb goes straight through the arms? :lol:

C_W

The arb on non-gtis doubles as a track control arm too.

hengti

That's not right - must have been defective - take it back for a replacement/refund

pattern susp components aren't ever going to last as long as originals (i've only ever noticed a particular problem with pattern drop link ball joints though)

80 miles out of a wishbone balljoint is just wrong

Greenys_meanies

My GSF wishbone is still fine after 9 months of 112 miles a day! (5 days a week) it'll break now you watch lol.

Ring them and complain, goods unfit for use, say you want another and you'll return the faulty one.

Keep at em and they will give in eventually, customer power......

Guest rick03054

^ I agree with that, 80 miles HAS to be defective/taking the piss.

Pug_101

Maybe a question to answer is this: Do Peugeot/Citroen make there own wishbones?

and if not who makes them and what's the telephone number?

Out of interest in relation to the above Volvo don't make parts they just assemble other peoples into cars or at least they used to.

Cheers

rich_w

I've changed to GSF wsihbones 5k ago, both sides have been fine apart from the bushes. When I took them off at about 4k the ball joint's were fine and seemed just as stiff as the day I brought them :)

Take 'em back as people say.

jacobs53

i took them back straight away and got another, there was no question that it was faulty!

jackherer
Out of interest in relation to the above Volvo don't make parts they just assemble other peoples into cars or at least they used to.

I would have thought they use mainly Ford parts since they were bought by Ford :)

TEKNOPUG

I don't think that an OE wishbone from Pug would be made by them any more. Far more likely that they have given someone else the contract of making parts for discontinued models. It's a certaintity as well that this company is also supplying the same parts to other companies labelled as non-OE. Just need to find out who!

I seem to remember a similar thread some time ago which named the suppliers. Worth running a search on this one.....

Pug_101
I would have thought they use mainly Ford parts since they were bought by Ford :)

Thats why I said "they used to" ;):):D

luggy

Had the same problem with GSF wishbones and the guys would swap the kit no questions asked, but im getting pissed off with swapping them all the time. Changed now to a different supplier who is unique to Somerset, cornwall and devon. The parts they supply are Federal Mogul (MOOG) which I believe supply peugeot, unless anybody knows otherwise. They fit straight on with no problems. Paid £57 for 1 so far so good.

Edited by luggy

Pug_101
Had the same problem with GSF wishbones and the guys would swap the kit no questions asked, but im getting pissed off with swapping them all the time. Changed now to a different supplier who is unique to Somerset, cornwall and devon. The parts they supply are Federal Mogul (MOOG) which I believe supply peugeot, unless anybody knows otherwise. They fit straight on with no problems. Paid £57 for 1 so far so good.

Can we have there contact details and a part number for the wishbone assembly please.

Cheers

luggy

http://www.millautosupplies.co.uk/contact.htm

The part no is (fer pe-tc-5033) TRACK CONTROL ARM RIGHT. I paid £57 quid, If they quote you more then tell them a mate of yours at the Plympton branch got them for less. Closest branch to you I think is Bridgewater and I dont know if they do mail order.

Cheers

Luggy

Edited by luggy

Bono

I don't know if this helps, but i went through a balljoint on my 306 every month, always on the passenger side.

I fixed it by getting a new clamp bolt for the hub as the old one had worn and was killing the joints.

I assume the 205 has a similiar clamp bolt?

DaveW

yeah Bono its the same.

205Rallee

I bought a new radiator off GSF for my rallye. It was packed perfectly but arrived damaged. Phoned them, they sent a carrier to collect it and they immediately sent a new undamaged one and took £10+ off the price for the inconvenience.

Shevy
If you are considering peugeot original parts, take a look at these http://www.compbrake.co.uk/clubman.htm

...i know that i consider them worth the extra quid. :P

Has anyone , any experience of using the Adjustable arms from Compbrake ?

I'm looking at going back to a 309 arm/Driveshaft setup but this would cost more than if I went for these adjustable arms.

dazEmad

Ive lost count on how many ive bought now from GSF, I dont use my car on a daily basis so mileage is well low for the year. I replaced one for the M.O.T then the following mot it was knackered and failed, they sure are cheap for a reason.

Anthony

Never really had any problem with GSF wishbones when it comes to balljoints - it's always the bushes that fail in alarmingly quick time...

Sign in to follow this