• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PhilCTI

Cti Rear Passenger Window Removal

PhilCTI

It was one of those days last Saturday! :)

Had the CTI out of the garage for the first time, had a quick blat up the road to turn it round on my driveway and one of the gear rods disconnected, I then burnt my hand getting it back on, those rods are a common problem I've read on here, I'll be seeing Miles for some of those decent rods I think,

Back on the drive went to put the roof up, something must of got caught and the rear drivers side passenger window smashed, many choice words followed, threw a strop, and put it back in the garage.

I've managed to clear up all the glass and remove the remains of the window.

I've managed to source a new window hopefully but I have to remove it myself, wondering if any had any tips on doing this as I don't want to break that one do I!

many thanks,

Phil

steve@cornwall
It was one of those days last Saturday! :)

Had the CTI out of the garage for the first time, had a quick blat up the road to turn it round on my driveway and one of the gear rods disconnected, I then burnt my hand getting it back on, those rods are a common problem I've read on here, I'll be seeing Miles for some of those decent rods I think,

Back on the drive went to put the roof up, something must of got caught and the rear drivers side passenger window smashed, many choice words followed, threw a strop, and put it back in the garage.

I've managed to clear up all the glass and remove the remains of the window.

I've managed to source a new window hopefully but I have to remove it myself, wondering if any had any tips on doing this as I don't want to break that one do I!

many thanks,

Phil

Bad luck- let me know if you can't find a window-I've got a couple sets.

Going upto the garage later and will remove 1 to refresh my memory! I took ages to remove the first one 'cos I thought it would be typically French, but is actually quite easy. I had the rubber trim (body- not slider channel-thank god!) off already, so will attempt to take this one out with the rubber on to simplify things!

Will post later with result!

steve@cornwall
Bad luck- let me know if you can't find a window-I've got a couple sets.

Going upto the garage later and will remove 1 to refresh my memory! I took ages to remove the first one 'cos I thought it would be typically French, but is actually quite easy. I had the rubber trim (body- not slider channel-thank god!) off already, so will attempt to take this one out with the rubber on to simplify things!

Will post later with result!

o.k- just removed a rear passenger window.

remove trim panel- the seat belt anchorage needs to be undone also

there are 3x 10mm nuts that secure the regulator cable runner in place-one at top,two recessed at bottom. When removed the reg. can be slid out of the window channel.

No need to remove the reg itself.

the body/window seal must be removed-either remove the trim panel by the front seatbelt mount and carefully lift both leading edges (outside is glued-bugger!) or there is a self tapping screw in the rear of this seal,under the corner of the hood and covered in black "gunk" by pug.

The only little prob. now is the black plastic cap rivetted to the top of the door pillar (roll bar). The window glass will clear the cut out but not the guides attatched to it. no prob on the donor-it will break out the way easily when you pull out the window, but maybe should be drilled out on yours....

you should now be able to pull the window up and out (quite a tug the guides don't release with ease)

I've not put one back in,but as haynes say, reverse procedure to refit!!!????

Hope this helps

PhilCTI
o.k- just removed a rear passenger window.

remove trim panel- the seat belt anchorage needs to be undone also

there are 3x 10mm nuts that secure the regulator cable runner in place-one at top,two recessed at bottom. When removed the reg. can be slid out of the window channel.

No need to remove the reg itself.

the body/window seal must be removed-either remove the trim panel by the front seatbelt mount and carefully lift both leading edges (outside is glued-bugger!) or there is a self tapping screw in the rear of this seal,under the corner of the hood and covered in black "gunk" by pug.

The only little prob. now is the black plastic cap rivetted to the top of the door pillar (roll bar). The window glass will clear the cut out but not the guides attatched to it. no prob on the donor-it will break out the way easily when you pull out the window, but maybe should be drilled out on yours....

you should now be able to pull the window up and out (quite a tug the guides don't release with ease)

I've not put one back in,but as haynes say, reverse procedure to refit!!!????

Hope this helps

Thanks alot Steve,

I'll let you know how I get on, thanks for the offer of the window too

Phil

Sign in to follow this