• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Ballast Resistors

Sam

Hi,

I'm going to be running Bosch 403 (Cossie Grey) Injectors on my new engine. These injectors are low impedance so I will need some ballast resistors (afaik), does anyone know where I can get them? Maplins? What value do they need to be?

Any help appreciated.

Sam

Pug_101
Hi,

I'm going to be running Bosch 403 (Cossie Grey) Injectors on my new engine. These injectors are low impedance so I will need some ballast resistors (afaik), does anyone know where I can get them? Maplins? What value do they need to be?

Any help appreciated.

Sam

Are they 12V or 5V injectors

Mattsav

Grey's are Huge!!

How much power are you looking for????

Sam

Eventually 375bhp once I can afford the forged rods and pistons from yourselves :huh:

Initially ~300bhp (perhaps a little less)

I'm tempted by forged pistons to start with, how much do you think they'll deal with (without forged rods).

Edited by Sam

tom_m

i thought the 500 could run low impedance injectors without the need for ballasts?

Sam

I've not looked into it, I'll RTFM :)

smckeown

yeah many ECUs offer low and high imputence injector compatiility. I'd build the engine to it's end spec from the beginning. What I learnt from puma was many things are dependent on the end result, so thinking you can build an engine in stages is far from the optimal approach.

Sam

Yep thats my plan at the moment, just need to sell my old engine to pay for the new bits, guess I could give the credit card a fright :)

maxi

You DO need ballast resistors for an OMEX 500 ECU (this is what I am running) when using cossie injectors. Omex supplied mine, just give them a bell, they are more than helpful.

Maxi

Sam

Any idea on price Adam?

maxi
Any idea on price Adam?

Havent a clue me old son. Just give them a bell. They are a bunch of top blokes.

Maxi

stew205

Sam I have some new ones which I haven't used.

I will check what they are and get back to you.

3.3ohm 25watt If they are any use to you let me know.

I paid £4 each.

Have a look at my old thread entitled something like Ballast resistors. I worked out these were what I needed if using cosworth dark greens. I have a feeling though they may differ in impedence to the greys.

Sam

Do I need 4 ? Probably going to have to make a new loom for the new engine anyway.

Sign in to follow this