• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Danxs

Injector Port Blocking? Any Ideas?

Danxs

just running some idea's round in my head here, i have a 1.1 106 on the drive, the engines a bit tired on it, but the cars good, i also have a 1.6 tu5jp in the garage out of my xsi, which has been fully rebuilt. i was thinking, can i run this engine on a, say, 205 xs inlet and carb, get it rejetted for the 1.6, as i dont have the loom for the 1.6 engine or an ecu, also, i dont like electronics, prefer a carb! only problem i can see if the injector ports on the mfi head, any way of blanking these out?

cheers guys.

Guest smokinslim

I could be wrong here but i think you will find the inlet port spacing of the 205 xs to be different to that of the 106 xsi. Exhaust ports are the same tho. You could always fit a 205 xs or rallye head complete with carb etc to your xsi block. Maybe a little more costly but saves messing about with the injector ports (or fitting ecu etc) and would be well worth the effort :)

Danxs

its running on a rallye head, forgot to say. 1.3 106 rallye. would it not run or just not perform as well with the ports not being matched?

Guest smokinslim

Sorry what i mean is an 205 inlet manifold wont fit on a 106 head, 8v gti head anyway. I don't know for certain about the 106 rallye head. I meant 205 rallye when i suggested it. If you have an xs manifold handy try it, if it lines up ok there shouldn't be be any problems using it and the carb.

Danxs

the manifold will bolt on :)

Guest smokinslim

Nice one! As for the injector ports you could weld them up and flush them inside the inlet ports. I'm sure this was mentioned in another topic a month or so back by Rippthrough (i think) but i can't find it now. Welding would make it harder to refit injectors in the future though.

Danxs

cool, thanks for the help, have just found soemone who makes an injector blocker for the head :huh:

Rippthrough
Nice one! As for the injector ports you could weld them up and flush them inside the inlet ports. I'm sure this was mentioned in another topic a month or so back by Rippthrough (i think) but i can't find it now. Welding would make it harder to refit injectors in the future though.

It's in GD on porting bits. The XS ports and probably the rallye ones too, are quite a bit bigger than those in the manifold on the spi and carb manifolds.

Danxs
It's in GD on porting bits. The XS ports and probably the rallye ones too, are quite a bit bigger than those in the manifold on the spi and carb manifolds.

so will this stop it running, or will it just not perform as well?

Rippthrough
so will this stop it running, or will it just not perform as well?

Just strangles it a bit as the rev's rise.

Danxs

right, i see, as long as it runs, i might get a spare manifold and get the dremel out! lol, cheers for that.

t16ryan

also you will need to fit the xs dizzy i think,

Danxs

yep, i will, is it just the dizzy? i used to have an xs but cant for the life of me think that the dizzy set up look l ike.

Rippthrough
right, i see, as long as it runs, i might get a spare manifold and get the dremel out! lol, cheers for that.

Just make sure you keep a similar curve to the runners, the middl two curve back in on each other, so when you're matching them try and preserve that shape. You'll also need a long reach flexi attachment so you can open the ports up all the way down to where they split.

And buy a carbide cutter. Otherwise you end up using 30 odd cut-off discs.

pugrallye

and fuel pump as there is no fuel pump cam on the 106 1.3 camshaft

Danxs

what fuel pump would i use?

pugrallye

have to use an electric facet or equivelent pump

Sign in to follow this