• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Low Seats, Lower Steering Column?

Edd-XS

Just a quick note as im currantely in the process of mounting my drivers bucket seat, as im mounting the seats nice and low, ive used some of the thick black washers underneath the front two bolts that hold the steering column in place and its moved the wheel down about an inch! Havent driven it yet, but its solid as ever and certainly feels in an ideal location for how low the seat is.

anyone else done anything similar?

Edd

PsychoSimon

I did this on my nova sr, and it was good. never had any side effects from it whatsoever, apart from being able to se down the top of the steering cowling under the clocks

jackherer

I did exactly that about a week ago! I've only driven it a very short distance as its not mot'd yet but like you say it feels good.

I chopped a load off the gearstick to match, not sure how much in the end but a lot :blink:

my only concern was the angle the u/j was at but it seems fine, it doesnt really change it much at all.

C_W

Not sure why this would be better, surely low seat and the wheel higher is better?

Edd-XS

Well im no giant and find the top of the steering wheel would come into my field of vision with the seats at the height I want them at, with the steering wheel lower the driving position feels similar to standard, but lower and puts the pedals in a 'nicer' position.

Basically it feels more comfortable! :huh:

Edd

smckeown

lower centre of gravity too :huh:

Sign in to follow this