• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Adnic69

Were Is Best To Get 1.9 Gti Braided Hoses?

Adnic69

As above really. I have looked quickly and prices vary so much.

Thanks in advance.

sonofsam

I think Rallynuts.com was the cheapest i found, going back a while though.

inferno

what braided hose are you looking for? ive been in touch with a place in brentwood who can supply fuel line by the meter for 3-50including vat per meter! and they would do cash deals too.

Jonmurgie

inferno - I think he means brake lines... but I've dropped you a PM as I'm after some fuel lines :P

TEKNOPUG

If you just want them for 1.9 calipers, then I can do you the front pair (Goodridge) for £20 inc p&p

jackherer
Probably Rally Design http://www.raldes.co.uk

earlier today I tried to undo a rally design braided hose that I fitted a year or two ago and it had corroded into the caliper really badly destroying both the hose and the caliper! the hose end must be the wrong type of metal or something I guess but IMO they aren't worth the saving over goodridge hoses which definitely dont do this.

Jonmurgie

I've had goodridge hoses seize on the rears, seems to be pretty common :blink:

jackherer
I've had goodridge hoses seize on the rears, seems to be pretty common :blink:

theres seizing and theres seizing, I look after a couple of cars with goodridge ones and they do take a bit of freeing off but the rally design one had virtually become part of the caliper, I dont understand the metallurgy but something pretty bad had happened.

Rippthrough

Try proven-products.co.uk

smighall

Don't they do zinc plated ones for a little bit more money that shouldn't corrode. It might not be zinc mut i'm sure there is an option to the ends that are on the lines.

Rippthrough
Don't they do zinc plated ones for a little bit more money that shouldn't corrode. It might not be zinc mut i'm sure there is an option to the ends that are on the lines.

They still corrode eventually, the zinc is sacrificial. You can get goodridge with stainless fittings I think.

Adnic69

Cover them in waxoyl

pugrallye

they seize because of 'gauling' you can buy special contact grease that prevents this from happening

TEKNOPUG
they seize because of 'gauling' you can buy special contact grease that prevents this from happening

I would have thought that the main problem with Pugs is all the "Gauling"!!!! :huh:

GLPoomobile
I would have thought that the main problem with Pugs is all the "Gauling"!!!! :huh:

Good one :wub:

Guest smokinslim

Anyone tried OMPs hoses? Any probs with them?

Edp

I made my own usind aeroquip parts from Raldes.

Piece of piss and you cut them the length you want.

Brake.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Edited by Edp

Sign in to follow this