• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

What Are These Wires?

Edd-XS

Starting to do my Mi conversion at long last and first of all im going to sort the loom out before I pick the engine up in a few weeks (which looks fantastic matt by the way! cheers!)

Ive done a fair bit of research and have located most of the wires and where they will go, but a few things...

1) My Mi loom has 4 connectors on, two identical 'main' plugs, one black (9 wires) and one brown (5 wires), another smaller brown connector (2 wires) and a small black connector (3 wires)

2) On the black connector are two wires joined together. A thick black and a thinner green which go onto a single thick green. Is this an earth? I cant see any numbers on but I have already found the earth on that connector :)

3) I have a light blue cable (46b) coming from the brown connector, I think this may be the RPM wire as I cant find the RPM wire on the 405 loom (normall 112 isnt it?)

4) On the small black connector I have 3 wires all spare, a thick white (1a) a yellow (1) and a thinner white (18a)

Any ideas anyone? I was expecting to find a black 14 pin connector and a brown 6 pin connector but mine were identical. Is this an older set-up or something?

Thanks

Edd

Hilgie

Edd can you take pics of those?

Ren
2) On the black connector are two wires joined together. A thick black and a thinner green which go onto a single thick green. Is this an earth? I cant see any numbers on but I have already found the earth on that connector :)

I'm sure this was the rev counter on mine, one is the sender wire and the other acts as a shield.

Anthony

Here's the pinouts for the last 405 Mi loom that I did if it helps....

Black 14 pin connector on 405 Mi16 loom:

T1. Wire #M112 (Green) Ground

T2. N/C

T3. Wire #2 (Blue) Switched +12v ignition

T4. N/C

T5. Wire #155 (Yellow) Oil temperature gauge

T6. N/C

T7. Wire #53 (Yellow) Reverse lamp

B1. Wire #112 (Green) Rev counter

B2. Wire #52 (Grey) Reverse lamp

B3. N/C

B4. N/C

B5. Wire #7A (Brown) Alternator charge lamp

B6. Wire #30 (Blue) Oil pressure warning lamp

B7. Wire #47 (Red) Coolant temperature gauge

Brown 2 pin connector on 405 Mi16 loom:

1. Wire #47A (Green) Coolant temperature warning lamp

2. Wire #46 (Blue) Starter solenoid

Brown 14 pin connector on 405 Mi16 loom:

T1. Wire #225 (Red) Oil Pressure gauge (Note below)

T2. N/C

T3. N/C

T4. N/C

T5. N/C

T6. N/C

T7. Wire #M155 (Green) Earth

B1. Wire #76 (White) Fuel Pump

B2. Wire #74 (Yellow) Engine check light

B3. Wire #M85 (Green) Earth

B4. Wire #46 (Blue) Starter solenoid

B5. N/C

B6. N/C

B7. N/C

Note Wire #225 was originally used for the oil level gauge, but since this isnt required/used on the 205 I have used it for the oil pressure gauge instead. Youll obviously need to adapt the 405 Mi16 loom to suit, but this is just snipping one wire and crimping on a spade connector.

Edd-XS

After sorting my looms out, it appears ive got 3 oil sensors! Oil Temp, Oil level 'warning light' and oil pressure. Oil level 'warning light' is on the bottom of the sump (?) Oil temp and pressure are on the front of the block on the 205. Ive read that the 405 doesnt have an oil pressure gauge so have left the old 205 one on and removed the sensor from the block. Am I right in saying I can remove the oil 'level' gauge from the back of the 405 block and replace it with the oil 'pressure' gauge from the 205?

Sorry if ive got my wires crossed (pun intended!) but I seem to have done too much 'net' research and found conflicting information!

Thanks

p.s. thanks for the info anthony, much obliged :)

Edited by Edd-XS

Anthony
Oil level 'warning light' is on the bottom of the sump (?) Oil temp and pressure are on the front of the block on the 205. Ive read that the 405 doesnt have an oil pressure gauge so have left the old 205 one on and removed the sensor from the block. Am I right in saying I can remove the oil 'level' gauge from the back of the 405 block and replace it with the oil 'pressure' gauge from the 205?
  • Oil level is on the back of the block, and isn't needed in a 205 conversion.
  • Oil temperature is on the back of the sump
  • Oil pressure light is on the front of the block, the smaller of the two senders
  • Oil pressure gauge is on the front of the block, the larger mushroom shaped sender

Cut one of the wires for the oil level from the loom, crimp on a spade connector, and use that for oil pressure gauge (which isn't on the 405 loom)

Sign in to follow this