• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

Tachometer With Aftermarket Ecu #2

petert

Some time ago I posted a circuit from Haltech on how to add multiple coils to fire a tacho. This circuit does not unfortunately work with a 205 tacho (it does with a 405 tacho however). Around the same time I purchased a tacho adpator from MSD. As it turns out, the tacho adaptor is just one side of a transformer. So this got me thinking. All one has to do is use the Haltech circuit to fire a standard 205 ignition module, which in turn connects to the secondary side of a small 240/12V transformer. You'd cut the primary wires off and tape them up so you didn't zap yourself accidently. The standard 205 tacho attaches to the output of the ignition module as normal.

James_R

Sounds interesting, as I'm about to move to a coil pack set up, and was hoping to just take a feed off each coil add some resistance and rectifiers, but you're saying this doesn't work.

Can you do a rough diagram of what you've just mentioned?

James

B1ack_Mi16

Anyone know if the Haltec method works on the BX 16v clocks?

I have those to go in my 205 with Emerald management.

Couln't really understand that last drawing of yours there petert.

You need to get the ignition module into busienss too?

Emerald has built in ignition module, so my wires are supposed to go directly to the wasted spark coil...

pug_ham

Kristian, doesn't the Emerald send the rpm from the ecu?

If it does I'm hoping a rev counter mod like I've done here for the Motronic & 8P systems will work on that. I've yet to test this but will post once I have done. (might be a while).

Graham.

petert
Couln't really understand that last drawing of yours there petert.

You need to get the ignition module into busienss too?

Yes, there's an extra Bosch ignitor (ignition module) used just to fire the dummy coil (transformer).

Sign in to follow this