• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Shiney Thing! :d

taffycrook

I haven't tested the exhaust cam with the inlet so I can't answer that question.

But it will make some difference a small gain as the exh side of things is well capable of flowing enough for this sort of power. A touch more may or may not help.

Exact timing is only assured using the pulleys plus you can fine tune on the rollers to get the best out of the cam(s).

As for Kate and her engine, it is all too familiar to see less than expected when swopping to TB/carbs on this engine. A product of a very good inlet system or not getting the best out of the bolt ons? You pays your money and takes your chance.

mrswampy
The error returned was:

That message does not exist

time for me to get my cams and other goodies on order and in to the car me thinks!

Anthony
Maybe ive been a bit mislead but i would of expected an engine of Kate's spec to produce over the 200bhp mark. Could this be that peak power is beyond 8k?

Depends which way you look at it really - for what is a comparitively modest spec I thought getting over 100hp/litre and not losing any torque low down was a pretty good achievement, and certainly having driven it I can tell you that it goes very well indeed when you give it some stick but is perfectly dosile and tractable when just bumbling through town.

Bonzai

100bhp/litre is definately damn good. I think i just heard what i wanted to hear and read what i read with rose tinted spectacles again.

Having not really driven an Mi16 properly until only last weekend, i never really appreciated the massive difference the extra 8v's make. I think my 1.9 must have been down on power cos it felt quite slow, so far the Mi never stops feeling frighteningly fast. i'm going to have to spend more time watching the clock's, ive been caught out travelling a lot faster than i expected to be a couple of times already

Sign in to follow this