• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SPGTi

Which Pads Have You Tried

SPGTi

It seems that the pads of choice seem to be Mintex 1144/1155/1166 and Ferodo DS2500/3000 but has anyone tried any of the following pads

Hawk Ferro Carbon

Carbone Lorraine

or even the cheapo Maxtorq pads from Rally design.

The first 2 are comparable in price to the Mintex and Ferodo and the Maxtorq to motor factor pads.

cheers

steve

Butler

Used Carbone Lorraine on my GSXR. Bite hard hot or cold, never fade, but don't last long and expensive. If the car pads are as good I'd go from them.

Used GSF cheap pads, which I can fade in 3 bends on my commute to work, they not hairpins either.

I use EBC yellows now and they refuse to fade and fine from cold.

ashley peddle

i use ferrodo (sp?) road pads and they work fine on both road and track...

took an hours of abuse at brunters the other weeks and never faded. someone commented out on my brakes smoking when i came off though - was quite proud of that... :wacko:

SPGTi
Used Carbone Lorraine on my GSXR. Bite hard hot or cold, never fade, but don't last long and expensive. If the car pads are as good I'd go from them.

Used GSF cheap pads, which I can fade in 3 bends on my commute to work, they not hairpins either.

I use EBC yellows now and they refuse to fade and fine from cold.

How much are Yellowstuff pads now (can't find an online price). Demon Tweeks do the Carbon Lorraine for £55+vat which I didn't think was too bad.

Steve

Butler

£41 I think.

Alan_M

I had the Greenstuff pads on my Mi16 coupled to a big brake kit using the std calipers. I thought they were quite impressive till I took it to the 'Ring. I can't remember the name of the bend but its a sharp lefty after a downhill stretch. Fade, fade and more fade!

After that I switched to a set of 4 pots with 1144's. Again, initially impressive although I personally feel that the increase in performance was more down to the extra piston area rather than pads.

I am in process of rebuilding my 4 pots and have opted for a set of 1155's after reading the comments here. Might try the Ferodo's after.....

huxley309

Be interesting to know, ive just fitted greenstuffs and initially they were shocking but now they've done a few hundred miles they're really starting to soften up on the 4pots

Was going to fit m1144 after but would like to know what the m1155 work like :)

t16ryan

I have tried all different pads, and i reccomend either yellow stuff pads, or pagid fast road pads with red dot discs, they really good i use them one my dimma 192bhp and copes really well on the track and road

boombang
Was going to fit m1144 after but would like to know what the m1155 work like :)

The bite a fair bit harder when warm.

We had them on our 306 and they always felt absolutely great once warm - from cold they squealed and lacked a bit of stopping power.

It was only when something else under the bonnet was being looked at that it was realised the vaccuum hose to the servo was missing!

Goes to show they bit very hard :)

Miles

The only pads to use on the Tarck and Road are Pagid RS4's, a bit expensive at over £100.00 but worth it,

smckeown

if they are pagid blue's i hear they are awesome and last for a long time too. I'll stick to 1155s :D

Butler

Yeah heard good things about the pagids. Friend used them on his early scooby.

£41 for yellows, place in chesham, not sure if they have a web site.

SPGTi

So no-one has any feedback on the

Hawk Ferro Carbon

Maxtorq (Rally design)

Black Max (rally Design)

pads ??

Steve

findlay

DS3000s eat discs although the pad will be around well after a nuclear war... 1144s - I couldn't get them to fade despite lots of abuse on the old FCS circuit and braking late.

1155s or DS2500s come very, very well written up. IMHO the 1144s are more than capable as a crossover pads for road and track use.

Leon

Used Pagid on my old Golf GTI, quite impressed. Never tried EBC but I've found those cheap OMP Sport pads to be good value for money on the 205. Mintex are still my favourite though, given the choice.

base-1

I run Mintex 55's at the moment, and never had a problem with them until this morning, when they faded just as I was getting to my friends house (late - I was in a hurry, ahem) Fine on the way home though. Good but noisy when cold or when you're being gentle (like outside peoples houses late at night, grrr)

DS3000 are the bollocks, never been able to fault them and I've only driven them in faster, heavier cars than my 205. Was going to have those Carbone Lorraines but they don't do them for my Brembos, same as the 3000s :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this