• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M3Evo

1.9 Camber And Castor Measurements

M3Evo

Hello!

Don't suppose anyone knows what the camber and castor for the 1.9 (don't know if it's different to the 1.6) front suspension has do they?

Just been to Stu's to measure up all the mounting points as far as I can so that I can start work on the GT6 chassis redesign, but don't really have any way to measure the angles :o

Cheers!

Alex

(PS I've done a search! :blush: )

hengti

this info is from a Protyre tracking rig; i assume it's manufacturers' spec :

Caster : 2'20'(min) to 3'20'(max)

Camber : -ve0'30'(min) to +ve0'30'(max)

Rippthrough
this info is from a Protyre tracking rig; i assume it's manufacturers' spec :

Caster : 2'20'(min) to 3'20'(max)

Camber : -ve0'30'(min) to +ve0'30'(max)

Of course, we know which end of that sacle you should be looking at :blush:

M3Evo

Wicked! Cheers hengti! :blush:

I guess I should be aiming for the max negative camber and the max castor too?

Having said that, as I understand it, caster makes the steering heavier and that engine weighs so much!

Rippthrough
Wicked! Cheers hengti! :angry:

I guess I should be aiming for the max negative camber and the max castor too?

Having said that, as I understand it, caster makes the steering heavier and that engine weighs so much!

Yes, but it gives you more dynamic camber too. and can give better feedback too :lol:

Surely the engine's no heavier than the lead block that's up front normally?!

M3Evo

You'd be surprised!

The M3 engine has an iron block and a shed load of other gubbins stuck on that the old GT6 engine didn't have, and the head's much much bigger too (although ali).

Still, sure it's nothing that PAS can't help to sort out!

Rippthrough
You'd be surprised!

The M3 engine has an iron block and a shed load of other gubbins stuck on that the old GT6 engine didn't have, and the head's much much bigger too (although ali).

Still, sure it's nothing that PAS can't help to sort out!

You can't fit power-steering!

I'm no consevationist, but my god man!

Talking of alloy heads, have you seen the ally ones that canley are casting?

I swear, if I ever go near that site with a credit card, I'm going to have to sell the house and live in the car.

M3Evo

Well I suspect it's gonna handle like s*ite so it's gonna need a mega quick steering rack so I have some chance of catching the slides B)

Hadn't heard of their alloy heads, but just been on their site! Blimey, that's adventurous!

Shame they're not changing them to a cross flow design, although the pushrods might make it difficult I guess, and there's no room to go OHC ;)

Fair play to 'em though!

In other news, I was setting out the major components for the new chassis yesterday and suddenly realised why the struts for FWD and RWD cars are so very different in terms of the vertical position of the steering arm, so that's that idea out of the window!

Gonna either get hold of the legs from a sierra (think the PCD is the same as the pug) or some Beemer legs and machine up some alloy hubs. Shame really, was looking forward to the design of the new subframes!

Rippthrough
Well I suspect it's gonna handle like s*ite so it's gonna need a mega quick steering rack so I have some chance of catching the slides ;)

Hadn't heard of their alloy heads, but just been on their site! Blimey, that's adventurous!

Shame they're not changing them to a cross flow design, although the pushrods might make it difficult I guess, and there's no room to go OHC :(

Fair play to 'em though!

In other news, I was setting out the major components for the new chassis yesterday and suddenly realised why the struts for FWD and RWD cars are so very different in terms of the vertical position of the steering arm, so that's that idea out of the window!

Gonna either get hold of the legs from a sierra (think the PCD is the same as the pug) or some Beemer legs and machine up some alloy hubs. Shame really, was looking forward to the design of the new subframes!

Trying to get the steering rack through the gearbox? B)

I bet there'd be some way to go crossflow, even if you can't go OHC (although a pair of cam wheels stuck through the bonnet wouldn't be such a bad compromise in my eyes...)

Yup, sierra is 4x108.

M3Evo

I'd turned the uprights round so it was tryin to get the steering rack through cylinder 1 that was the problem! :D

Would be very cool if they could modernise the triumph engine! If I need a daily driver I'm thinking about buying a 2500S or E and a more efficient head could be a real boon! They're obviously expecting to sell quite a number of these heads though as the tooling costs must be huge!

When I had the Mi16 TB patterns priced up, they came out at over £1000 for each part, with machining on top of that!

As Mr Baker said in my post about my DTH bodies, there really isn't any money to be had from making stuff for very specific applications!

cybernck

maybe a bit late, but here you go... from autodata:

post-4-1150080835_thumb.jpg

Rippthrough
I'd turned the uprights round so it was tryin to get the steering rack through cylinder 1 that was the problem! :D

Would be very cool if they could modernise the triumph engine! If I need a daily driver I'm thinking about buying a 2500S or E and a more efficient head could be a real boon! They're obviously expecting to sell quite a number of these heads though as the tooling costs must be huge!

When I had the Mi16 TB patterns priced up, they came out at over £1000 for each part, with machining on top of that!

As Mr Baker said in my post about my DTH bodies, there really isn't any money to be had from making stuff for very specific applications!

Nope, but it can be cheap for a couple of people doing it at cost...

Sign in to follow this