• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Yimkin_FJ

'rear End' Question

Yimkin_FJ

My 1.6 Sorrento Green sits noticeably lower on the drivers rear than the passenger rear - but only after driving. It has 1.9 Speedlines, and there is no evidence of any negative or postive camber. Frankly I am puzzled. Sometimes I can get 2 fingers vertically between tyre and arch, sometimes 1, sometimes 3! Any tips?

Cheers for any advice!

Chris

P.S. I have bills for the beam being rebuilt about 10K ago.

Yimkin_FJ
My 1.6 Sorrento Green sits noticeably lower on the drivers rear than the passenger rear - but only after driving. It has 1.9 Speedlines, and there is no evidence of any negative or postive camber. Frankly I am puzzled. Sometimes I can get 2 fingers vertically between tyre and arch, sometimes 1, sometimes 3! Any tips?

Cheers for any advice!

Chris

P.S. I have bills for the beam being rebuilt about 10K ago.

Sorry, should also add there is no evidence of any rubbing at all - it is almost like it is just loaded more on the right, and then 'settles' after sitting for a while - no evidence of any handling quirks at the limit either.

methebmxer

Hiya Just an idea but have you checked out the condition of the shocks as a similar thing happened to a mates mk1 golf and he found it was one of his shocks sticking. This might also explain why after driving it changes and then when stood it has time to settle so may free up a bit.

Yimkin_FJ
Hiya Just an idea but have you checked out the condition of the shocks as a similar thing happened to a mates mk1 golf and he found it was one of his shocks sticking. This might also explain why after driving it changes and then when stood it has time to settle so may free up a bit.

Thanks mate - I was thinking along those lines, so I'll have a look & check it out.

jshep205gti

Is it not just to do with where it is parked? Because you should be able to get different amount of fingers in the gap if your suspension works!

steve@cornwall

If I reverse park and put the handbrake on when moving slightly the n/s rises much further than the o/s, stays that way a while. Reckon it's handbrake adjustment on mine!

Sign in to follow this