• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bassman

Bosch Mp5.1, Wasted Spark Etc

Bassman

Hi,

My 405 1.8 8V XU7 has just broken the 130K barrier and is now being used for commuting to Telford and doing 20K a year. We are thinking of getting a turbo derv to replace it fairly soon.

The 405 is in pretty good nick, but I won't get much for it. If I break it, from what I have read this morning I could use the Bosch MP5.1 ECU, MAP sensor and Wasted Spark style coil pack and fit all these to my 205 thereby binning the dizzy and AFM and I should have a really steady idle and possibly better low-end performance and overall throttle-response. :)

I presume the ECU will need re-mapping to suit the 205, can these be easily done with the MP5.1?

Do I need to change all the sensors for the 405 ones, or can I just wire the new ECU to the old ones and just swap the MAP sensor instead of the AFM.

Just had this idea this morning, so I have still a lot to understand! :)

Bassman

As I have just obtained some 307 2.0 HDi brakes, I can also nick the 22.2mm master cylinder. I'm liking this idea even more now. :)

Sign in to follow this