• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrknighty1

Megajolt Lite

mrknighty1

I've had my Megajolt system up and running for about six months and no matter what I change I cant get the engine to perform correctly, the car I have installed the Megajolt on is a Peugeot 205 Gti 1.6, which has twin Carbs and 300 degree duration cam.

The problem I have is at high RPM between 5500 and 6000 rpm the engine will misfire which you can drive through if your in a low gear i.e. 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I have tried lots of ignition map with various style curves and total advance figures, I have also tried lot of different jets and jet combinations to try and solve the misfire but it only makes a very small different to the misfire.

I have checked and double-check the wiring of the system. I have a new Coil pack, plugs, leads and the Megajolt was built by Brent. The system is working correctly, which I have proven with the timing light and the car drive very smooth, but has a high rpm misfire.

The strange thing that I have noticed is the spark is not very big and spark plug are not the correct colour, more of a white rather than a healthy grey. I know the fuelling is correct because I have any Air/Fuel ratio gauge mounted in the car.

Today I swapped the car back to the standard Distributor and the engine pulled much better thought the rev range with no misfires at high RPM.

Is the Megajolt up to running a Performance engine?

If anyone could help would be great as I'm running out of ideas.

Regards

John

petert

Hook it up to an MSD (or other CDI) and see if you get the same result. That will prove at least whether it's a low tension or high tension fault. Of course, not everyone has a spare MSD laying around. Your other avenue is to use a dual trace oscilliscope to map both the high and low tension.

Sign in to follow this