• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jacobs53

Adjusting The Milage On Old Clocks?

jacobs53

I brought my 205 about 2 months ago, and at the time the clocks had been changed as the original ones speedo drive had broken.

I have brought some from the scrappy and re-adjusted the milage by pulling back the numbers, thought i had it cracked until I did 5 miles and the numbers went all out of line! grrr

Has anyone done this sucessfully? or is it possible?

cheers lee

jonD6B

Are you going forwards or backwards?

inferno

backwards might be illegal ;)

dosent the drill on the speedo drive work well enough? may take a few days though!:D

Edited by inferno

jacobs53
Are you going forwards or backwards?

well I will have to go backwards now since my clocks have jumped 1000 miles! ;)

lee

j_turnell

Yes you can do its pretty simple tbh. I posted how to on a previous thred iirc, think dino was asking.

Anthony

As innocent as I'm sure Lee's question is, I for one would prefer for information on how to clock a 205 not being published in the public domain - there's enough clocked cars out there waiting to catch out the unwary as it is without giving instructions to others on how to do it...

Dino
Yes you can do its pretty simple tbh. I posted how to on a previous thred iirc, think dino was asking.

I asked how to change the actual individual instruments like gauges etc not how to clock the mileage ;)

jacobs53
As innocent as I'm sure Lee's question is, I for one would prefer for information on how to clock a 205 not being published in the public domain - there's enough clocked cars out there waiting to catch out the unwary as it is without giving instructions to others on how to do it...

fair enough I respect your opinion and can see where your coming from.

if anybody does know how can you PM me????

lee

Ryan

I know what you mean. Look at the prices that low mileage clocks sometimes fetch on ebay.

jochem

I've done this once, will send you a PM.

KRISKARRERA

I know someone who did this and said it was very easy, like playing with a kinder egg toy :)

canardo

well said anthony unfortunately there a few crooks out there :) looking to make a fast buck on ebay

pug_ham

Its very easy to do & realigning yours is a simple task.

With the dials out there are some small metal strips that have to be in line for them to turnthe numbers at the right time. It sounds like you just twisted yours when they were out which is why they don't turn at the correct time. If you carry on driving it like this it will reset the mileage at the next 1000 etc. An old 205 diesel of mine had been done this way & as annoying as it was the fix was easy.

If you need more help drop me a pm.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this