• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest marksMI

Black Leather?

Guest marksMI

hi there ppl, im new at this but im hoping u guys can help? im wonderin if any 1 has any knowledge on the 205 full black leather? was it an optional extra or just reserved 4 limited edition 205's?? i've searched everywhere looking 4 information on it but seem 2 come up blank :)

cheers mark

Ryan

AFAIK the only 205 that had black leather was the 1FM (only 25 of which were made). A few other special editions had dark grey leather which is more common. There might have been some non-UK editions that had black leather, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

The 309 Goodwood had black leather which will fit. The rears go straight in, and the fronts with a bit of modifications. I've got a set in mine and they were well worth the money.

Edited by RyanMoore

timmsy19

did the late LTD miami and sorrento have black leather???

im not on about the so called ltd models that have half leather but the proper ltd models that are really rare ;)

Guest RickGTIBaker

Do the 309 seats look like the 205 seats?

My Steelie has Full leathers in it, they look black too and shaped 100% like 205's!!!

Could easily be 309's but not sure of the shaping of them.

Nickoff

I think full leather was an optional extra on gti's sold on the continent. I know for sure that it was in France

Ryan

I'm 95% sure that the ltd edition miami and sorrento had the grey leathers. Not sure about the steel grey. I thought they had green/black seats like the later sorrentos?

309 seats look exactly the same. The front seats are are about an inch wider, but you'd never notice by looking at them.

Simes

309 drivers seat has lumber support and both are wider than the 205 visibly.

Richie

LTD models have light grey leather, 1fm's have black leather. I reckon black leather was an option maybe, which is why every now and then a set pops up on ebay.

Probably quite rare.

Alan_M

Don't forget the late high spec Gentry models had leather in them, either a beige or black leather.

Not sure, but the late STDT's may of had the leather as an option too.....

Guest the boyracerrr

not sure if its relevant guys,

but my 1.8 diesal has black half leathers with the red stiching dont know if they were standard but look a hell of a lot nicer then the grey half leathers me thinks.. just need a replacement drivers seat if anyones got one ? :)

DaveW

Anthony is after some beige full leather for his goodwood :)

Guest marksMI

oh rite, cheers guys. that means that its worth quite a bit then, cos my 205 came with full black leather and a dark grey carpet. i've seen the 309 seats and mine are not the same, as u guys say the 205 1's are a bit smaller,

Guest the boyracerrr
oh rite, cheers guys. that means that its worth quite a bit then, cos my 205 came with full black leather and a dark grey carpet. i've seen the 309 seats and mine are not the same, as u guys say the 205 1's are a bit smaller,

lucky guy :) i would keep them in it they sound right nice :)

Baz
Anthony is after some beige full leather for his goodwood :)

:P Really!! Na, cant see it myself!! David you joker!! :)

Guest the boyracerrr

is this sarcasm? lol

Guest RickGTIBaker

So were there 3 Full Leather colours?

Black, Dark grey and grey?

taylorspug

Black, grey and beige were the full leather colours, although as said the beige was only available in Gentry models.

1FM came with full black leather, and the proper limited edition Sorrento and Miami cars had either grey leather (phase 1.5), or black leather (phase 2).

Then of course you had the same grey and black leather on the 309 Goodwood (albeit on totally different shaped seats), depending on age. :)

Edited by taylorspug

Ryan
...and the proper limited edition Sorrento and Miami cars had either grey leather (phase 1.5), or black leather (phase 2).

I thought all the ltd edition miami and sorrentos were phase 1.5 (G/H reg), and the phase 2s were after they became standard colours, and thus had normal half-leather?

Guest marksMI

so does this mean that mine is a proper ltd edition then cos im pretty sure its sorrento green? its a 1.5 and its got power steering and the full black leather?? sorry, but im not that clued up on it cos i bought it just 4 fun, then i heard it was ltd??

Yimkin_FJ
I thought all the ltd edition miami and sorrentos were phase 1.5 (G/H reg), and the phase 2s were after they became standard colours, and thus had normal half-leather?

My 1.6 Sorrrento is a phase 1.5 and has full black leather.... On the V5 and original bill of sale it describes it as a special edition. It has black carpets, grey door trim and the carpeting on the door kick panels is black - I know for a fact it is unmodified if this helps....

damien
My 1.6 Sorrrento is a phase 1.5 and has full black leather.... On the V5 and original bill of sale it describes it as a special edition. It has black carpets, grey door trim and the carpeting on the door kick panels is black - I know for a fact it is unmodified if this helps....

sounds about right, but i think the carpet would be dark grey as with the carpet on the doorcards and the seats

Yimkin_FJ
sounds about right, but i think the carpet would be dark grey as with the carpet on the doorcards and the seats

D'oh! Sorry you are right - got confused with the colour of my mats!

Guest RickGTIBaker

Been out earlier to mine, Steelie with 100% Black 205 Leathers, full leathers!

There must be a way of finding out if they were as it came...

Henry Yorke

Just to throw another log on this bonfire..... the black leather seats come with two colours of stitching; red or green.

AFAIK, Black leather was an option on all later 205 GTI and even CTI's (like Kates). The Grey leather was only in the Miami and Sorrento limited (1989) cars. The Gentry had black or beige as previously stated. The 1FM had black leather too.

Possible conculsive statement?: No red carpeted car ever had black leather from the factory.

Sign in to follow this